PG Music Home
Posted By: Petimar iPad and iPhone differences? - 04/15/12 06:42 PM
Other than of course the bigger screen area, is there any differences on how these apps work?

If not, should I have been charged for the iPad version when I already had the iPhone version?
Posted By: WillM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? - 04/17/12 09:32 PM
Hello,

There are separate apps available for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch.

I did a bit of reading and it seems that if you purchase the iPhone app and use iTunes to sync both devices to the same computer you should be able to share an app between devices. ( https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3580664?start=0&tstart=0 ) Regarding purchasing it twice and a possible refund of the second purchase, you'd have to contact Apple for more information about that, as they control the App Store and all purchases therein.

Best,
Will
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: iPad and iPhone differences? - 04/17/12 09:53 PM
Confirmed. My iPhone apps were also synced to my iPad when I connected the iPad to the same iTunes laptop, unless there were different versions of the app designed for the iPad.
Posted By: WillM Re: iPad and iPhone differences? - 04/18/12 10:09 PM
Hello,

Correction: I've just been informed that we have quite recently released a distinct iPad app, with the same feature set but written only for iPad. So if you only want to buy one you can use the iPhone app, and transfer it to the iPad as before; but if you buy the iPad app, it won't work on the iPhone and you will need to buy both for 0.99 each to have it running on both devices.

-Will
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: iPad and iPhone differences? - 04/19/12 02:41 AM
I just downloaded the iPad app for BIAB.

I already had the iPhone version (and also the BIAB Remote app).

Suggestion for PG Music to consider: the icon for the original BIAB app, which will work on an iPhone or iPad, and the icon for the new iPad-only version, are identical. If you are like me and first had the iPhone, then synced an iPad, then downloaded the new version, you will wind up with two identical app icons and names. On some apps where there is an iPad-specific app, the icon (or its name) shows some difference.
Posted By: Petimar Re: iPad and iPhone differences? - 04/19/12 06:44 PM
Quote:

Suggestion for PG Music to consider: the icon for the original BIAB app, which will work on an iPhone or iPad, and the icon for the new iPad-only version, are identical. If you are like me and first had the iPhone, then synced an iPad, then downloaded the new version, you will wind up with two identical app icons and names. On some apps where there is an iPad-specific app, the icon (or its name) shows some difference.

Same thing happened with me, so this is why I asked the original question.
© PG Music Forums