PG Music Home
Posted By: WienSam No sound on replay - 04/21/12 04:22 PM
Creating a new song in BIAB 2012 (latest version and fully updated), I find a problem with sound. BIAB will play a song with full sound and no problem when it has been opened and generated for the first time. However, even to hit 'replay' there is no sound after the original playback has finished. It is possible to jump about in the song after the first generation and before it has finished BUT once it has finished the first playback there is no more sound.

What's up?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: No sound on replay - 04/21/12 05:19 PM
Sam, did your song start with a downloaded MIDI file? That file might have some command at the end of it. Otherwise, if you created the song fresh, I don't know what could be doing that. Even if you had a fade to zero in your song, pressing Replay should start with the regular volume.

We need to know, is this song all MIDI, all RealTracks, or a combination?

And just in case, what sound card do you use? Soft synth? DXi checkbox on?
Posted By: WienSam Re: No sound on replay - 04/22/12 02:57 AM
This has happened with 2 songs consecutively - one was started with an mp3, the other was started from scratch in BIAB. All RTs. No fades.

BIAB is also very slow to start up. Allow about 2-3 minutes before fully loaded. Running through <ASIO MultiClientWrapper><SoundMAX HD Audio>

Windows XP Pro Version 2002 vers 3
HP Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600@2.80ghz
2.77ghz, 2.96GB RAM
SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio

Hope that helps

It is damned time wasting to start up BIAB, generate and play, edit, save, shut dwon and restart, then play every time I make a change to something
Posted By: Noel96 Re: No sound on replay - 04/22/12 03:02 AM
Sam,

I suspect it's the ASIO multiclient wrapper. Have you tried setting BIAB to the MME driver rather than ASIO and seeing if that makes a difference? (You'll need to exit BIAB and restart the program for the change to take effect.)

Just a thought,
Noel
Posted By: WienSam Re: No sound on replay - 04/22/12 03:58 AM
That seemed to do the trick. But why?

Can I not use ASIO now?
Posted By: rharv Re: No sound on replay - 04/22/12 12:07 PM
Silvertones may have a better ASIO driver option for you. You were using a wrapper anyway.
ASIO can be finicky. What works for one may not for another. SoundMax normally uses generic drivers.

Try ASIO4All if you feel you need ASIO. It's another wrapper available free.
Posted By: WienSam Re: No sound on replay - 04/22/12 04:44 PM
I have noth the ASIO MultiClient and the ASIO4ALL. I also have the generic drivers for the SoundMAX card and drivers for the US-122 Audio/MIDI interface. I work mainly with RTs (which is why I thought I needed ASIO). Maybe I don't actually need ASIO at all?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: No sound on replay - 04/22/12 11:43 PM
The only reasons anyone would need ASIO are:

1. you are recording, and you must reduce latency
2. you have experimented with WDM and ASIO, and for your soundcard, ASIO works better

As implied above, ASIO4ALL is not even ASIO. It is WDM with a wrapper to make it act like an ASIO driver. And if that isn't confusing enough, MME as implemented in BIAB is not MME, it is WDM.
© PG Music Forums