PG Music Home
I attempted to install a driver for my new Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface (unsuccessfully, so far). After my attempt, I reset everything to original settings (back to MME), and the program worked until I attempted to input a different chord into an existing song, and the program froze. I rebooted everything and tried again with the same result.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
Also just noticed that if I wait for some minutes, and try the program again (without rebooting) it 'works' again.
Does the freeze occur after you hit Play, or while you are typing in the different chord?

If the problem seems to be related to the change in audio driver, then you might want to try running Band-in-a-Box with factory settings. The best way to do this is:

1. Restart the computer.

2. Before opening Band-in-a-Box, open it's directory (usually "C:\bb\") and move this file out of the directory:

intrface.bbw

3. Open Band-in-a-Box, and it should be set to use MME drivers with the default factory settings.

If that does not help and you want your old settings back, you can repeat these steps but put the "intrface.bbw" file back in the "bb" directory.
Thanks Blake. Actually I just discovered that the freeze happens after the song ends. The chord entry was not the causes. Also the freeze isn't complete. I can still move the cursor around.

I'll try your solution and see if it works. Thanks again!
It worked!

Thanks again!
© PG Music Forums