PG Music Home
Posted By: JMatt Cannot Burn Message - 05/10/12 06:16 PM
After rendering a song and choosing "Burn to CD" I get a message:

Cannot Burn. There are no compatible CDR drives reported.

I went ahead and used windows media to burn and had no problems.
I'd like to be able to do the burn inside Bb for simplicity.
Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

I'm using an i3 laptop with Windows 7 and Bb2012. I'm using office depot cdr disc's.
Posted By: Audiophile Re: Cannot Burn Message - 05/10/12 07:12 PM
try to get updated drivers for your laptop
for your particular cdr drive
Posted By: JMatt Re: Cannot Burn Message - 05/10/12 07:18 PM
I tried that and I also tried it on my other laptop. They both have windows7 ultimate OS.
Posted By: Mac Re: Cannot Burn Message - 05/10/12 08:41 PM
Quote:

After rendering a song and choosing "Burn to CD" I get a message:

Cannot Burn. There are no compatible CDR drives reported.

I went ahead and used windows media to burn and had no problems.
I'd like to be able to do the burn inside Bb for simplicity.
Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

I'm using an i3 laptop with Windows 7 and Bb2012. I'm using office depot cdr disc's.

I don't know for certain, but this *may* be a case where the "miniburn" program used inside BB was written so long ago that your OS and CD read/write drive don't report its presence in the same fashion. That would likely render the miniburn program as useless to you unless and until an update is released.

Not A huge loss, actually, as I and likely most others do prefer to use more fullblown CD burning softwares anyway and take advantage of all the other features such programs offer that the Miniburn program does not offer -- embedded data, better editing available before burn that allows a couple seconds of silence between tracks, etc.

**And don't overlook the fact that Miniburn requires a fullblown .wav file of the song in order to work. Other programs can work with .mp3 or .wma files as well, by doing a conversion to the file in order to be able to burn Audio CD.**

--Mac
Posted By: JMatt Re: Cannot Burn Message - 05/10/12 08:57 PM
That makes sense. Thanks, Mac.
Posted By: KeithS Re: Cannot Burn Message - 05/10/12 09:35 PM
I don't use my laptop much for burning CDs but I think I remember getting similar errors when the DVD burner was set to data dvd. Some programs seemed to be able to change the setting themselves while others required me to go in and change it manually.
Posted By: JMatt Re: Cannot Burn Message - 05/11/12 04:31 PM
Mac was right. I tried it on my wifes laptop that has vista and the miniburn.exe worked.
Can we get an update for win7?
Posted By: Mac Re: Cannot Burn Message - 05/12/12 01:41 PM
Well, we don't know if it is really a Win7 problem all around, or perhaps some SETTING inside Win7 that is the culprit. At this point.

If others report the same problem, that will change the scenario, of course.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums