PG Music Home
Posted By: bjbear BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 03:53 AM
It appears that BIAB will not load properly on my computer for some unknown reason. I have actually gone so far as to uninstall it and reinstall it, having the exact same result. I am thinking that maybe something is running in the background preventing BIAB from running. Can someone help me please? Thank you, BJ.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 04:04 AM
Did you disable any virus/malware checker before installing? If not, then do that.

Do you know how to bring up the Windows Task Manager to see what else is running?

What OS are you running?

Does it still happen if you reboot?

Did you try to install into the /Program Files folder? That won't work. Use the default, /BB
Posted By: bjbear Re: BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 10:17 AM
At your suggestion, I tried reinstalling without malwarebytes and offline with nortons off. Still doing the same thing. It appears to attempt to execute, but doesn't even show the window on my screen. To stop it from trying to load after failing, I have to do the control/alt/delete and then still have to force it. I don't understand. Thank you for your assistance though.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 11:01 AM
BJ,

Could you please clarify some of the questions that Matt has asked. That will help us all try to identify the problem.

Namely ...

1. What is your operating system (Win 7, Vista, XP)?

2. Is it 32-bit or 64 bit?

3. Did you install the program to the default c:\BB or into c:\program files\bb?

4. Does it happen if you reboot the computer?

5. Did you install the program from the USB drive? If so, what option did you choose?

Kind regards,
Noel
Posted By: bjbear Re: BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 11:10 AM
Oh yes. So sorry. I am running win 7. Not sure if it is 32 or 64. I ran the install as if to load the entire usb hd onto my drive. It had been working just fine until a week ago or so. I have reinstalled it, I have done restore a couple of times. Nothing seems to work. I also when installing shut off malwarebytes and Nortons. Still no luck. Not sure what to do next. As always, thank you for your help. Bj.
Posted By: bjbear Re: BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 11:12 AM
As far as install, I just had it load all. Did not choose any special options.
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 11:32 AM
First thing to do is make sure you have enough space on the C: drive to do the installation. You probably need at least 50-60 GB free.

I would make sure that the external USB drive is getting enough power. First, try a different USB port (maybe one on the back, instead of the front), or use the double plug provided with the drive (one provides the extra power, the other is for data transfer plus power), or hook it up to a powered USB hub.

Make sure you do NOT install to "C:\Program Files" (x86) or "C:\Program Files". This can cause problems on Windows 7.

Right click on the installation program button and from the popup menu, select "Run as Administrator".

If none of the above work, then I would try looking to see if there is something wrong with your computer. You might want to run a CHKDSK on the C: drive (you can Google and quickly find out how to do that).

If there are no problems there, make sure the external drive is not having any problems. Sometimes, the wires inside can get loose. When you received the drive, you should have gotten a little screwdriver with it. That's so you can remove the little screw and pull the drive out. Do so and make sure that all the wires are properly seated. Put it back together and try it again (and again, make sure the USB port has enough power).

That's where I would start to get things running.
Posted By: Mac Re: BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 11:38 AM
Don't install to Program Files with your OS. Install to c: bb folder.

Turn UAC (User Account Control) OFF.

**Is this happening with a download of the software or is it from hard media such as the USB drive?** -- There is a slight possibility that a download is corrupted.

***You should take this up with PGMusic Support, via email, live chat or tollfree telephone line for the fastest solve of the problem.

--Mac
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: BIAB won't execute properly - 08/21/12 05:35 PM
Hello BJ,

Quote:

It appears that BIAB will not load properly on my computer for some unknown reason.

When you say "load", do you mean that you can't install the program at all for some reason, or does it install but you're unable to run the program?

Are you able to run the program from the USB hard drive, by double-clicking on the "Band-in-a-Box.exe" file on the root of the hard drive?
© PG Music Forums