PG Music Home
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Printing Notation - 10/03/12 02:49 AM
Hi all,

I am a bit confused about printing the notation of a song I have composed.
The song is made up of all RealTracks and when I come to print it, it only
prints out the chords from the chord entry sheet but no notes.
Is this correct?

Pete
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Printing Notation - 10/03/12 03:09 AM
Hi Pete,

By default, the notation editor will print out chords and what ever midi notes have been entered on the "Melody" track. It can print out other tracks. What were you aiming to get printed?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Re: Printing Notation - 10/03/12 03:28 AM
Noel,

It's a song that is composed of these RealTracks:

RealTracks in style: ~700:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~1118:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1152:Silence
RealTracks in song: 1875:Mandolin, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 085

RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085 is on the melody track.

I don't see any notes on the printout, only chords.

So, how do I get the melody track printout?

Cheers

Pete
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Printing Notation - 10/03/12 03:45 AM
Assuming you have entered a MIDI melody on the Melody track, you would see it on a printout by default as Noel mentioned. So, did you perhaps change the selected track? If you changed to the Soloist and there is nothing on that track, it might explain what you are [not] seeing. If a track using a RealTrack is selected, then you might or might not see notation, depending on whether the RealTrack has a supported chart. Look at the RealTracks and see if there is an underscore under the green instrument button. If there is, that track supports notation.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Printing Notation - 10/03/12 05:06 AM
Hi Pete,

Just to add to what Matt has said ...

I've set up the Realtracks you list as follows.

1. BASS = Realtrack #700 (electric bass)
2. PIANO = Realtrack #365 (acoustic guitar fingerpicking)
3. GUITAR = Realtrack #1118 (12 string strumming)
4. STRINGS = Realtrack #1875 (soloist mandolin)

When looking at the picture below, notice that BASS,GUITAR and STRINGS have green lines under them. This indicates that these Realtracks have notation available. The PIANO, on the other hand, does not have a green line thus there is no notation available for RT #365.

Let's say I want to see the notation for the soloist mandolin. Since this is on the STRINGS track, I would do the following to see that notation.

1. Open the Lead Sheet View by clicking on the green button with two notes.

2. Now click on the "S" (for STRINGS because that's where the mandolin solo is sitting) that I've circled in red and it's probably best to view it in "Fake Sheet Mode", which I've also circled in red.

Don't worry if this all seems a bit confusing. Sooner or later, it all falls into place

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Pete Stobbs Re: Printing Notation - 10/03/12 06:13 AM
Once again, thanks for the big help out chaps....got it now!!

Pete
Posted By: Shastastan Re: Printing Notation - 10/03/12 05:14 PM
It would be great if PG Music would hire Noel to do some tutorials. To me his are the greatest! Of course, I'm a visual learner and that might have something to do with it.

Stan
Posted By: av84fun Re: Printing Notation - 10/03/12 06:05 PM
Quote:

It would be great if PG Music would hire Noel to do some tutorials. To me his are the greatest! Of course, I'm a visual learner and that might have something to do with it.

Stan

+1
© PG Music Forums