PG Music Home
Posted By: carkins BIAB to RealBand Studio RBS 1 name change? - 11/11/12 10:28 AM
With a background in commercial illustration and marketing I have a suggestion for a Band In A Box/ Realband facelift.
Market or rebrand both programs under the "RealBand Studio" name or "RBS" texting acronym for short.

This is much the same idea as Photoshop becoming Adobe Creative Suite (CS1, CS2 etc.)
CS is becoming more and more the normal reference for Photoshop especially with the move towards the texting shorthand of today's youth.
KFC and JCP are other examples.

Within RBS the aspiring musucian/songwriter has access to Realtracks and "Midi Live?" which brings them a professional backup band to their live input.
The Band In A Box "AutoGen" feature makes the process fast and easy.

My thinking is that the goal of most musucian/songwriters is to get their work and ideas into a professional recording studio for processing.
There they have access to all the sound shaping tools and,if needed,pro studio muscians as backup.

Band In A Box is just one of those tools.
Current PG Music marketing puts "the cart before the horse" in this respect by promoting Realband as a tool for BIAB.
Most of the forum posts indicate that their workflow is to take the BIAB song into another DAW for final processing reinforcing this idea.

Focus on improvement of the current ReaBand feature set is needed to eliminate the need for going to another Daw such as Reaper or Protools and should be a priority over adding more, possibly redundant realtracks.

Better compatibility on the Mac version is also needed with the popularity explosion of that segment of the youth market.

Perhaps a slogan could be "RealBand Studio, Your Music, Your Way".

Will also post this in the Off Topic and Realband forums to get the widest possible input.

Carkins
I must say that the Real Band Studio has a nice ring to it for me. When i rave about Band in a Box the first thing i have to defend/explain is that , no, it is NOT a PC game. (Not that i care what they think) but RBS does sound a bit more professional.
© PG Music Forums