PG Music Home
Posted By: Wolftone New RT from build 365 - 12/07/12 09:50 PM
"Added: A jazz swing RealTracks (#2125) has been added that plays the simplest bass lines for jazz swing, with root and 5th in the 'a' section"

Having installed the update, I found 2125 at the top of the RT list and generated it for the bass. "A" section full of dotted notes, thirds, etc. Perhaps it has to be associated with a certain style.
Posted By: Wolftone Re: New RT from build 365 - 12/07/12 09:57 PM
"Added: A jazz swing RealTracks (#2125) has been added that plays the simplest bass lines for jazz swing, with root and 5th in the 'a' section"

Still appears not to be working. A section full of dotted 8ths, thirds, etc.
Posted By: Wolftone Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/07/12 09:59 PM

Still not working it appears. "A" section full of dotted 8ths, thirds, etc.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/07/12 10:10 PM
Hi Wolftone,

re: RT 2125 : Bass, Acoustic, JazzRootFive Sw 110
Here is an example of what is sounds like.

( Please listen to the demo, and tell me if that is what you are hearing)

http://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/jazzu/misc/Jazz%20RootFive%20Sw%20110.wma

That's as simple as it gets, as far as I am concerned for jazz.

There is "1843:Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieRootFive Sw 110" - or 536:Bass, Acoustic, Pop Sw 120 this is just half notes root and 5th

This is RT #2125 .
Make sure that you have c:\bb\ RBass156.ST2 with date of Dec. 6
Posted By: DrDan Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/07/12 11:42 PM
Sounds like half notes in A with a quarter note walking bassline in B. Simpler would be root whole notes, but who would want that from your bass player?
Posted By: Wolftone Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/07/12 11:56 PM
I got RBass 156.ST2 and 2125 playing a real style of bass and piano at 110 tempo. I get the kitchen sink for the bass line, not anything like your demo.

Sorry for the multiple posts, I am a spazz today.
Posted By: Wolftone Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/07/12 11:57 PM
Not the point who would want, I have a valid use for it.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/08/12 12:02 AM
It's possible that you haven't selected 2125. Because when I select it, things are fine/simple (as in the demo).

Try adding it to a MIDI only style, like ZZJAZZ.sty, and then you'd be sure that it is 2125 that you're hearing.
Posted By: Wolftone Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/08/12 12:03 AM
Working now, if I don't pick 2125 from the "recently chosen favourites". I don't mind the odd dotted quarter and eighth note. I can edit something else for the students. Thanks, and I apologize for the multiple spazz posts above.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/08/12 12:14 AM
Right, you need to regenerate the tracks (Play Generate button) after changing RealTracks.

Glad things are working now.

BTW, if you press the "Save Song as Style Button" ( a new button in 2013, at the far right of the 2nd toolbar), you can save a style that has those instruments (ie your usual trio, but with the 2125 simpler bass).
Posted By: DrDan Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/08/12 12:20 AM
Quote:

Sounds like half notes in A with a quarter note walking bassline in B. Simpler would be root whole notes, but who would want that from your bass player?

Quote:

Not the point who would want, I have a valid use for it.

Just to clarify, I was not trying to be a wise guy, although it may have come across like that. What I meant was that for a root bass note, playing a whole note over each measure, I would not look for that from the guitar bass player, but rather select an orchestral bass instrument. This obviously would move you back into the midi world, but just a thought. I do hope you get it worked out.
Posted By: Wolftone Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/08/12 12:28 AM
Truth is, most chord chuckers mostly just want a kind of servitude from bass players, no matter how often they offer up the ridiculous bass solo feature at the gig. Things are changing though. We had Neil Swainson at a concert our church recently, not only does he play the money notes but shows us how much more there is in between the strings!
Posted By: av84fun Re: New bass RT from build 365 - 12/08/12 06:10 AM
Quote:

Truth is, most chord chuckers mostly just want a kind of servitude from bass players, no matter how often they offer up the ridiculous bass solo feature at the gig. Things are changing though. We had Neil Swainson at a concert our church recently, not only does he play the money notes but shows us how much more there is in between the strings!

Then there's my pal Nate East!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the greatest "fat string" guys on the planet IMHO.

It would be SO cool if he could be an artist on upcoming BIAB versions.

Mr. Gannon, I'd be happy to try to facilitate that. Just PM me if I can help.

Best,

Jim
© PG Music Forums