PG Music Home
Posted By: Paul Haynes Picking A RealTrack Style Is Messy? - 01/02/13 03:16 PM
Forgive my many basic questions but I have nothing to compare this program with and don't know certain things.

Picking a RealTrack style is not easy because there are so many of them and there is a delay between clicking play [to listen to each one] and actually hearing it play back. What is making this process really long and drawn out is the fact that the styles are not in any tidy order. As you can see I have RealTrack sets 155-169 showing but where are the others before it [0-154]? It looks like I either don't have them all installed properly or I do but PG Music only recently tidied up the naming of the Styles which means anything before 155-169 are titled perhaps in a more messy way.

Any thoughts on this?

Posted By: DrDan Re: Picking A RealTrack Style Is Messy? - 01/02/13 04:34 PM
Quote:

Any thoughts on this?

You are correct.

Quote:

It looks like I either don't have them all installed properly or I do but PG Music only recently tidied up the naming of the Styles which means anything before 155-169 are titled perhaps in a more messy way.

This is actually by design. All previous styles are fully integrated into the directory categories. Only the most recent releases are itemized by their number. This is the way it has always been.
Posted By: Mac Re: Picking A RealTrack Style Is Messy? - 01/02/13 05:13 PM
If you want to see all available realtracks styles, highlight the All at the top of the LH pane list.

Don't be daunted, all realtracks styles will appear first in a row and are indicated by an underscore before their name. _goodstyle

One can also narrow down the candidates a good bit by using the selections at the bottom of the window, checking to match only tempo, or tempo and feel (EVen or SWing) with a style already loaded that has the right feel and tempo, but you want to look for possible substitutions that might sound better.

--Mac
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Picking A RealTrack Style Is Messy? - 01/02/13 05:20 PM
Don't forget to make use of the Filter box in the upper left corner. Enter a word for the style or an artist or instrument and it will narrow the list considerably.
Posted By: Paul Haynes Re: Picking A RealTrack Style Is Messy? - 01/02/13 05:27 PM
OK so this is by design, thought so but just checking.

Anyone know what the asterics * next to some tracks mean?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Picking A RealTrack Style Is Messy? - 01/02/13 05:55 PM
Yes. If you click on the Help button on that screen, you will see a list of all the special codes. This is what it says for '*':

An asterisk (*) or (^) caret means the style is a "perfect" or "good" match to the prototype style.
Posted By: Paul Haynes Re: Picking A RealTrack Style Is Messy? - 01/02/13 07:24 PM
Thanks Matt! Sorry to be lazy, didnt think to look in the manual! Its a bloke thing.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Picking A RealTrack Style Is Messy? - 01/02/13 07:48 PM
Right. The manual though is a huge PDF file. What I meant was the case-specific Help button you see in each dialog box. It will explain what you see in just that box, so it's not overwhelming.
© PG Music Forums