PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike yellow reminder msg window display time - 01/08/13 09:51 PM
this probably is a wishlist item
the yellow reminder msg window goes away before i can read all of the message
is there any way to bring it back and keep it there until l have read all of the message?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: yellow reminder msg window display time - 01/08/13 10:12 PM
Hi Mike,

Try this. Go into "Opt | Preferences" and set the box I've highlighted below to 30000 (this is 30 seconds). By default, it stays visible for 24 seconds.

Regards,
Noel
Or, I normally don't need to see those so I set it for about 10 sec but if it's one I do need to see, just click on File>Open and pick any song then go back and open the one you want and you can see it again.

Bob
Quote:

Or, I normally don't need to see those so I set it for about 10 sec but if it's one I do need to see, just click on File>Open and pick any song then go back and open the one you want and you can see it again.

having problems getting the to work consistently here even after factory reset and after exiting and restarting

i did notice after loading a song for a waltz style then snitching to a rock style a green box ( rightly suggesting a change for the melody)that when i pointed to it brought up a tip that said if I right clicked on the box it would stay on screen

next tine i get the yellow box i'll try this

thanks to both for your responses
Posted By: Noel96 Re: yellow reminder msg window display time - 01/09/13 03:21 AM
Mike,

It's also possible to press the key "Print Screen" when the tip is active and then paste the screen shot into your favourite graphics program.

Noel
The yellow reminder messages each have individual timers. They are set in the code, somewhat arbitrarily. These are separate from the 'hints' that display for longer than that, and the amount of time isn't affected by the hint time.

I could add a % setting that would allow the reminder messages to display for longer, so that if it was 200%, you'd see them all for twice as long. Or maybe a right click and copy to clipboard so that you'd have a copy of the message.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: yellow reminder msg window display time - 01/09/13 04:37 AM
That sounds like a great idea, Peter. Like Mike, I've also found that sometimes the messages disappear before my brain has fully comprehended that something happened.
Quote:

T
I could add a % setting that would allow the reminder messages to display for longer, so that if it was 200%, you'd see them all for twice as long. Or maybe a right click and copy to clipboard so that you'd have a copy of the message.

+1
+1 on that.
© PG Music Forums