PG Music Home
Posted By: FirstBassman Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 01:31 AM

BiaB Ver. 2013, Build 366

Anyone know what causes this and how to fix:

Permalink: http://soundcloud.com/user6451029/sday-solo

Phone support did not know.

PS: This has happened before with different songs, different Styles and different Solos.

Thanks.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 01:39 AM
A couple of questions ...

Have you listened to the Solo by itself to double-check that the sound is actually part of the solo track?

How did you create the solo? (For example, was it using F5 to mute/ummute various sections of a solo track or was it through use of the yellow Soloist button to generate the solo over a range of bars?)

What's the Realtrack involved?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: DrDan Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 01:54 AM
Quote:

[
Permalink: http://soundcloud.com/user6451029/sday-solo

Wow, at 0.22, what the heck was that? Can't say I have ever heard something like that in a RealTrack?
Posted By: Mac Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 03:45 PM
Sounds like a MIDI synth receiving a bunch of Note On commands. I've heard it before, but not in this circumstance.

This may be due to a buffer that got interrupted and then plays "catchup" I used to get it from a certain MIDI device for some reason, never got to the bottom of it, just quit using that plugin device, well, actually I uninstalled it.

--Mac
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 08:20 PM
Quote:

Have you listened to the Solo by itself to double-check that the sound is actually part of the solo track?

Yes. It is within the audio track.

Quote:

How did you create the solo? (For example, was it using F5 to mute/ummute various sections of a solo track or was it through use of the yellow Soloist button to generate the solo over a range of bars?)

Click on Soloist button.
Select Solo.
Click on Custom.
Enter start bar and number of bars.
Click on Generate.

Quote:

What's the Realtrack involved?

As mentioned, has happened on several tracks. This one is # 1513.
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 08:22 PM
Quote:

Sounds like a MIDI synth receiving a bunch of Note On commands. I've heard it before, but not in this circumstance.

Thanks Mac.
But there is no MIDI of course in this song.
(At least there shouldn't be.)
- Mark
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 08:30 PM
First step would be to see what track it is on. You can do that be soloing tracks.
Then upload the single track that is causing the problem.

If its on the soloist track, maybe you generated multiple solos, with some overlapping regions.

If it isn't the soloist track, then you could regenerate the tracks.
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 08:33 PM

Whoa! Speaking of MIDI, look at the name of the dragged track of Brent Mason # 1513:

!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 08:37 PM
I've heard MIDI cascading noise before, where it 'catches up' like Mac said, but this doesn't sound like it to me; this sounds more like audio.

I've also heard multiple RealTracks playing at the same time for a measure or two, which sounded a lot more like this - musical but "suddenly way too much at once". It hasn't happened to me in about three years, though.

Just for curiosity, since you say it happens on different RealTracks and styles, so there is no pattern, I wonder about your PC. Version 2013 of BIAB does require more 'horsepower' than earlier versions. What is your Geekbench score? If you have a relatively slow PC, you could try some of the options in the Opt., Preferences, RealTracks dialog box for slower generation of RealTracks.
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 01/29/13 08:53 PM

As a test, I copied all the chords to a new song and added the same BMason solo.

It plays fine now.

It seems to be not the Style, not the solo track and not PC power.
It seems to be the process ... trying different solos one after the other.

No one else runs into this?

And why is a guitar solor called "MIDI Fiddle?"

PS: Why is there an underline under word "now?"
I didn't put it there.
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: Ugly sound near end of solo - 03/08/13 08:57 PM
Bump.
© PG Music Forums