PG Music Home
Posted By: rokq22 ERROR: "PG Music Font is not installed..." - 05/14/13 12:37 AM
Well, after playing with the BIAB for awhile (after reinstalling XP) I thought I'd check out the tablature. I clicked on the "Notation or Chord Sheet Window" [Ctrl W] got an ERROR message frown and then tried the "Lead Sheet Window" [Alt W] and also got an ERROR message frown . The error message read "PG Music Font is not installed. Make sure PGMUS.TTF is in your Windows System directory. at: 007E0400".

Is this a call tech support problem?
Probably not, but of course it never hurts to get the advice directly from the company instead of us.

The necessary fonts are installed by the BIAB installer. Since you put on a new copy of XP, it lost track of what fonts are available and you need to reinstall BIAB from their supplied external drive.

Fonts can be done manually but the installer is easier.

You can reinstall BIAB right over your existing copy if you like. Just be sure to get all appropriate updates and install them as well.

Geezzz, this sucks. frown (But thanks for the info!!)

Okay, I have FOUR BIAB discs plus the recently purchased BIAB UltraPlusPak HD. That is, (1) BIAB Pro+2010 w/RealBand, (2) BIAB MegPak+10Pak 2012 w/RealBand, (3) BIAB MegaPAK RealCombos 2012 w/RealBand and, (4)BIAB Pro RealCombos. Plus. the new BIAB HD.

Which one should I reinstall again for those fonts? My fear is that I'll go BACKWARDS and make a bigger mess of things.
Or, well, maybe support can give me a way to just install the fonts back?
Just the main program should do it. A call to PG Music wouldn't hurt at this point.
Thanks Matt!
roqk,

Just to add what Matt has said, the main program installation is all that's needed. I downloaded the PlusPak for 2013 and this file is called bandinabox_realband_2013_pluspak.exe. Running this will fix the issue. Also, once you resinstall the program files, it's necessary to (re)install updates.

All the best,
Noel
Originally Posted By: rokq22
Plus. the new BIAB HD.

Quickest way is to run the Setup.exe on your new hard drive and choose the minimal install option (or custom option) - it will install the fonts.
You can do a Windows search (Start button, Search) for pg*.ppt, and when you find them, right click on them and choose "install."
Posted By: Mac Re: ERROR: "PG Music Font is not installed..." - 05/15/13 01:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Originally Posted By: rokq22
Plus. the new BIAB HD.

Quickest way is to run the Setup.exe on your new hard drive and choose the minimal install option (or custom option) - it will install the fonts.

This is the right way to solve this problem.

The "minimal install" selection is viewable only after you invoke the Installer .exe for BiaB.

Be sure to read the prompts and understand what you are checking.

--Mac
I called tech support yesterday. There were also a couple other issues that depressed me, like the demos not working and some RealTracks not working (again!) and it was recommended I simply reinstall BIAB. I reinstalled the "ULTRAPLUS PAK" and it's working great!! No more stress!! Will install the updates next.
Sounds great. The only real trick is to remember where you installed the program to, and the RealTracks to. Then continue to use those locations when installing updates, patches and add-ons.
© PG Music Forums