PG Music Home
Posted By: Cerio New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/29/13 11:12 AM
Hi everyone! As promised, I've just created a new site where I plan selling some realDrums(at very low prices, just 1$ per RD right now) while offering some of them for free every few weeks.

www.realdrumsforbiab.com

Currently there are 31 RealDrums to download, in different styles, but the collection is growing. There are demos of all of them and there is F.A.Q. section, where you can find more information. And you can downlaod the free RD of this month just clicking on the Download Section.

I will be happy to hear your comments and suggestions.

Thanks!

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/29/13 01:27 PM
Hi
The hyper-link in the first line of the text listed on the web site incorrectly has a comma instead of a period after the text 'www'

"Supercharge your Band in a Box arsenal with the new RealDrums for BIAB!"

The hyperlink in the text Band in a Box points to:

http://realdrumsforbiab.com/www,pgmusic.com
Posted By: rharv Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/31/13 02:48 AM
I think VideoTrack is referring to this page -
http://realdrumsforbiab.com/news/
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/31/13 05:13 AM
Great site Cerio! Best wishes for success!
Posted By: joden Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/31/13 05:39 AM
Very nice smile I have bookmarked this site, and if I like the freebie - I will definitely buy some...more jazz please!!!

Keep up the good work.

Dennis
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/31/13 09:28 AM
Thanks everybody!

Yes, I plan creating new collections, and all your suggestions are really wellcome.

Yes, I've corrected that hyperlink, and several other mistakes on the web, thanks for pointing out. The problem is that, not being an english native speaker myself, is very difficult to avoid serious orthographic and grammatical mistakes here and there. So, if there's somebody out there wishing to help me to correct the text (it shouldn't take more than one hour, I think, and of course I'd offer him or her the download links for free and a BIG thank you), please contact me (PM here or through the web).
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/31/13 12:01 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
I think VideoTrack is referring to this page -

Hi RHARV, thanks for the clarification, the link definitely had a typographical error as I right-clicked and selected copy link location and it showed: http://realdrumsforbiab.com/www,pgmusic.com

But now the new link you sent doesn't work at all for me:

When using with Firefox it takes me to

When using with IE 10, it takes me to:

Maybe the link 'http://realdrumsforbiab.com/news/' works for others?

Regards

VideoTrack

Posted By: joden Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/31/13 05:05 PM
Works for me - Chrome.
Posted By: MikeK Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/31/13 08:16 PM
Works fine in FireFox.
Posted By: rharv Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 05/31/13 11:26 PM
This isn't a 'Page Not Found' error (404), which is typical for a bad link.

It's a 'Server Not Found' type error; your browser couldn't even find the server to see if the page existed .. and it works for others, so ..
Think connection issue. Maybe an internet router went down between you and the server.

The old link looked just like you described, but the new link works here.
Posted By: Bernard Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/01/13 07:04 AM
Hello,

Of course interested in the "goodies" for BiB...
You write:
"I am not native speaker"... Which is your mother tongue?
I could help with french and/or spanish/or German... If you might be interested
in "international" business.

Bernard
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/01/13 02:21 PM
This isn't a 'Page Not Found' error (404), which is typical for a bad link.

It's a 'Server Not Found' type error; your browser couldn't even find the server to see if the page existed .. and it works for others, so ..
Think connection issue. Maybe an internet router went down between you and the server.

The old link looked just like you described, but the new link works here.

Hi Rharv, thanks for the feedback, and I'm definitely not suggesting that your observations aren't correct,

I checked again in Firefox - and also in IE Version 10. I clicked on the link as shown here (IE 10)

For me, it took me to a web page that seems to come from the Author, and the web page that the link navigates to apparently advises that the required page wasn't available. Not saying it is a problem for everyone, but it seems to be a potential problem for some... Here's a screen capture of exactly what I received when I click on the highlighted link above:

Appreciate you advising that is is working for some, and certainly not suggesting that you are not correct, but just showing what I get, by way of screen capture, in case there is a problem for others too.

Thanks for the ongoing support to all of the BIAB contributors.

Best regards

Videotrack

Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/01/13 08:16 PM
Bernard: thank you very much for you offer, but at this moment I don't have any plan to publish the site in any language other than English. By the way, my first language is Spanish smile

Videotrack: thank you for the report, I'll definitively check that.

All the others : thanks again for your input, this is really a great community!
Posted By: rharv Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/02/13 01:28 PM
Videotrack is correct, that Band in a Box link is wrong.

It looks like he forgot the http:// in the coded link, so the server is looking in the current folder (this is the usual cause of such an error).
If there is no http:// in front of a link, the typical behavior for a server is to treat it as a relative link from the page it is on, in this case the /news folder.

Adding http:// in front of www.pgmusic.com should fix it.

It looks to me like that link was supposed to return to the PGMusic website.
Posted By: FrankK Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/02/13 08:44 PM
Has anybody else here had a response from this site after ordering. I’ve been waiting for several days with no information where I can download the files or any response to an email I sent.?

Thanks ( I hope its not a ................)!
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/03/13 01:16 AM
Originally Posted By: FrankK
Has anybody else here had a response from this site after ordering. I’ve been waiting for several days with no information where I can download the files or any response to an email I sent.?

Thanks ( I hope its not a ................)!

I wouldn't worry about that......... I am assuming that it is just a "new site" issue. Cerio has been around here for awhile, so you should be getting your realdrum stuff soon. I downloaded his first free one when he made that available and it worked great. I will be looking at adding some realdrums here soon. Tech issues when starting out always work to make you look unresponsive! Hopefully he will respond to you here ASAP.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/03/13 12:36 PM
Videotrack is correct, that Band in a Box link is wrong.

It looks like he forgot the http:// in the coded link, so the server is looking in the current folder (this is the usual cause of such an error).
If there is no http:// in front of a link, the typical behavior for a server is to treat it as a relative link from the page it is on, in this case the /news folder.

Adding http:// in front of www.pgmusic.com should fix it.

It looks to me like that link was supposed to return to the PGMusic website.

Well actually the 'http://' was there last week and is gone now, so the person setting up the links needs a bit of further adjusting...

This week:

More work needed?

Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/03/13 02:02 PM

Hi Frank, I'm sorry of hearing that. I sent you the links just a few hours after you placed your order . Maybe it was automatically detected as spam, you can check your spam inbox.

Anyway, I've just sent you the links again with my personal email, please let me know if you're still having problems with the download.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/03/13 02:38 PM
And thank you very much, VideoTrack and rharv for your reports. I've been out of my work computer a couple of days, but the link should be correct now.
Posted By: Bernard Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/03/13 04:45 PM
OK, todo bien, no te preocupes....
Bernard
Posted By: fgrittner Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/03/13 05:00 PM
Will you be making BIAB for Mac versions? I hope so. The drums sound great.
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/03/13 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: fgrittner
Will you be making BIAB for Mac versions?.

Adapting the files to be used on a Mac shouldn't be difficult (the audio and txt files are essentially the same on PC and Mac, I believe) , but preparing a proper automated Mac installation would require a test machine (which I don't have in this moment) and quite a bit time, which unfortunately I don't have in this moment, either frown

I don't know if I'll prepare automated installers for Mac in the future, but in the next days, I'm going to upload the files of the free RealDrums on a compressed archive, so the interested Mac users can manually install them on their systems.
Posted By: FrankK Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/04/13 07:32 AM
Originally Posted By: Cerio

Hi Frank, I'm sorry of hearing that. I sent you the links just a few hours after you placed your order . Maybe it was automatically detected as spam, you can check your spam inbox.

Anyway, I've just sent you the links again with my personal email, please let me know if you're still having problems with the download.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Glad to report that all is well. I ordered all of the packs but somehow they initially got lost in cyberspace. The file packs subsequently sent to me by Sergio’s email I could download directly except one where I had to use ‘GetRight’ to resume the download automatically (3 times) because there was a ‘busy’ interrupt at his Server. Nevertheless it succeeded in the end. Sergio was however very helpful and is investigating this “problem”.

I have the audiophile version of BIAB and run it from my USB PG Music hard drive. I simply ran each pack exe files separately on my computer and set the target folder as the main BIAB file (G:/bb in my case) on the PGMusic supplied hard disc. Started BIAB clicked on ‘Drums’ and then clicked the Real drums menu and clicked the ‘Rebuild’ button. The drum parts ‘Artist’ then appears as ‘www..realdrumsforbiab..com’.

They all work very well indeed and are a great addition and give a different slant to the supplied drum styles. Great work Sergio! Recommended.

Regards F
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/04/13 01:17 PM
Adapting the files to be used on a Mac shouldn't be difficult (the audio and txt files are essentially the same on PC and Mac, I believe)

Correct. You would just replace wma files with m4a files.

For audiophile, you replace wav with aiff files.
Posted By: fgrittner Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/04/13 03:42 PM
Thanks. I will look for the compressed archive and see how to convert wma to m4a.
Posted By: pwarren Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/04/13 05:02 PM
Great to see your site up and running. I've already had a quick look and I can see lots of packs I'm interested in. As soon as I get time I'm going to go and order some.

Thanks Cerio. This is a great addition to the great work PGM already does.

Best of luck.
Posted By: fgrittner Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/04/13 06:15 PM
Peter,

I installed Cerio's free drums CFunkySoul-B on my VMFusion machine and then copied the RD drum folder back into my Mac partition. I converted the wma file to m4a. I copied the folder into the DRUMS folder. I opened the RD picker dialog and hit rebuild. The new drums did not appear. I then looked at a few of the drum styles in the DRUMS folder and noticed they had additional files with the extensions .bt0 and .bt1. How do I create these file types? They are not part of the PC RD specs.

Thanks,

Fred
Posted By: pwarren Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/05/13 05:37 PM
Now that I've purchased your complete set of RealDrums Packs, and had some time to check a few of them out, I can say with confidence to anyone who's interested that they are really good. Thanks Cerio.

The Disco pack really fills out the genre nicely. PGM's disco drums, while good, were a little too camp for most of the disco songs I like. Yours are more subtle and cover a wider variety of works in the genre.

The Nirvana set is really close to what you'd expect for popular Grunge from the era. Another great addition.

BTW, I've taken the liberty of adding a link to your website from the BiaB wiki. You can see it here.

Please feel free to add anything else you'd like.
Posted By: pwarren Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/05/13 08:50 PM
BTW, I should mention your marketing strategy seems really good. The free samples get people to check out your product. The introductory prices are great and the grouping in packs (or sets) is a great idea. I think you'll do well.
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/05/13 09:54 PM

I copied the folder into the DRUMS folder. I opened the RD picker dialog and hit rebuild. The new drums did not appear.

Hi Fred, I don't have the mac version, but I suppose that it works the same way. Did you copied the "CFunkySoul-B^" folder into your "drums" folder? (resulting in \bb\Drums\CFunkySoul-B^ )

I then looked at a few of the drum styles in the DRUMS folder and noticed they had additional files with the extensions .bt0 and .bt1. How do I create these file types? They are not part of the PC RD specs.

You don't need these files at all, at least on the PC version. They're automatically created by BIAB the first time you use a realdrum audio (wma) file. Hope it helps!

Originally Posted By: pwarren
Now that I've purchased your complete set of RealDrums Packs, and had some time to check a few of them out, I can say with confidence to anyone who's interested that they are really good.

Thank you very much, Paul, for your kind words and for adding my site to Biab's Wiki, I really appreciate it
Posted By: Graham Martin Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/06/13 12:03 AM
What, no jazz drums? grin
Posted By: fgrittner Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/06/13 05:51 PM
Cerio,

Yes I did copy the folder into the DRUMS folder. After I hit rebuild the drums do not appear in the RD list. I checked the DrumFolderNames.txt file after the rebuild and your drums are listed in that file. I am not sure why they won't appear in the RD drum picker list inside the program.

Fred
Posted By: pwarren Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/06/13 06:08 PM
Yes I did copy the folder into the DRUMS folder. After I hit rebuild the drums do not appear in the RD list. I checked the DrumFolderNames.txt file after the rebuild and your drums are listed in that file. I am not sure why they won't appear in the RD drum picker list inside the program.

Here's a few things to check.

Dis you check in Prefs|RealDrums 'Use custom folder' and make sure this actually matches where you have the drums installed?

Do you perhaps have a filter applied to the picker?

Is the 'Show RealDrums that are not favorites' box checked?

How about the 'Show if tempo or feel don't match' boxes?
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/06/13 09:33 PM
Cerio,

1st of all congrats on this venture! Secondly I am listening as I type and can promise to be back later with checkbook in hand as I like what I am hearing.

Later,
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/06/13 10:24 PM
Fred, just another suggestion you can try: one of the first lines of every txt file of your new realdrum (I'm not in the computer now, sorry) points to an audio file. If you have converted these audio files from wma to m4a, probably you are going to need to change the lines of the txt files accordingly (from nameoftheaudiofile.wav to nameoftheaudiofile.aiff, I suppose: please check Pgmusic drum txt files as a reference)

Please, let me know if that works.

Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Cerio, 1st of all congrats on this venture!

Thank you very much, Danny!
Posted By: raintalk Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/07/13 12:18 AM
This is cool!
Posted By: fgrittner Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/07/13 05:06 PM
PWarren, thanks. I have the drums in the standard location, no custom folder. The boxes you mentioned were checked.

Cerio, I changed the audio file extension from wav to aiff but this does not solve the problem. Your drums are listed in the DrumFolderName.txt file. I deleted that file and had BIAB build a new one. CFunky is still not appearing in the RD stylepicker window.
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/08/13 09:29 AM
Cerio, I changed the audio file extension from wav to aiff but this does not solve the problem.

This is the first line of the file MetalEV^1-SloppyHat,BellRide_085_Style.txt, from PG Music (PC version):

wavename=MetalEv^_085_Style.wav

Is it identical to the Mac version?

PS: I suspect that your problem is related to the file naming / structure convention used by realdrums. Are you sure that you didn't changed anything?
Posted By: fgrittner Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/08/13 02:13 PM
The only thing I changed in the txt files was replacing .wav with .aiff. I converted the wma to m4a. Otherwise, I just copied in your entire folder of CfunkyB drums as is.
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/08/13 05:50 PM
I assume then that the first line on your MetalEV^1- SloppyHat,BellRide_085_Style.txt (Mac version) is identical to the Pc version.

If that's the case, I'm sorry, but in this moment there's no other thing I can suggest you to try (there's nothing special on installing Rd, just copy the folders and press the rebuild button) Unfortunately, I don't have a Biab for Mac to try to replicate the problem. Maybe Mac owners can help. Please, let us know if you find a solution.
Posted By: fgrittner Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/08/13 08:55 PM
I don't have the metal drum file. I have the free funky soul B style.

This is the first line of a txt file:

wavename=CFunkySoul-B^_110_Style.wav

I tried it as is, then changed it to aiff and then m4a.

Thanks for trying to help me out.
Posted By: FirstBassman Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/26/13 05:37 PM
Quote:
From the website:
"How were recorded your RealDrums?
Some of them were carefully programmed and some of them where recorded using an electronic MIDI drumkit, which allows us to have a MIDI version of the tracks in all cases."

Well, then they're not RealDrums.
Posted By: pwarren Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/26/13 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: FirstBassman
Quote:
From the website:
Some of them were carefully programmed and some of them where recorded using an electronic MIDI drumkit, which allows us to have a MIDI version of the tracks in all cases."

I think it's fair to call them RealDrums if a human played them. In my opinion it doesn't really matter if it was an electronic kit or not. Besides, it's a pretty cool idea to be able to change the drum kit sound if you want.
Posted By: Mac Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/26/13 10:10 PM
PGMusic used the term, "Live Drums" for their styles that included drum parts played in by live players on a MIDI drumkit.

But that was before the advent of the RealDrums, which uses a slightly different scheme for differentiating what to play and when.

That scheme can work well with the MIDI drumkits as well as the "real" ones.

And - it may just be an answer for those who have been clamoring for the ability to have separated drum tracks from RealDrums.

Use these RealDrums played on a MIDI kit, which contain all the MIDI data needed, to fire real drum samples within your recording software of choice, that kind of thing.

--Mac
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/26/13 11:04 PM
Originally Posted By: FirstBassman
Quote:
From the website:

Well, I understand your point, but "Realdrums" was the name chosen by Pgmusic in 2007 for their new technology, and from then, they have released some "Realdrums" that were completely programmed (for example, their electronic sets).

There are Midi Drums, Live Midi Drums, and Realdrums (both "real" and programmed) and all of them are implemented in a different way. My understandig is that the term "Realdrums" refers to the way Biab uses them, not to the way the files were actually recorded.

On the other hand, I've seen a lot of users here requesting more control over the realdrum submixes and / or separated drum tracks. As Mac suggests, having the midi files of the recordings allow that, and even more: for example, the user can easily build his own versions of my realtracks with his choosen vsti, and have complete control over the mix (btw, I got the idea from a post in the wishlist forum, but unfortunately I don't remember the poster's name smile )
Posted By: joden Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/26/13 11:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Mac
PGMusic used the term, "Live Drums" for their styles that included drum parts played in by live players on a MIDI drumkit.

But that was before the advent of the RealDrums, which uses a slightly different scheme for differentiating what to play and when.

That scheme can work well with the MIDI drumkits as well as the "real" ones.

And - it may just be an answer for those who have been clamoring for the ability to have separated drum tracks from RealDrums.

Use these RealDrums played on a MIDI kit, which contain all the MIDI data needed, to fire real drum samples within your recording software of choice, that kind of thing.

--Mac

Very valid points. Agree 100%
Posted By: solidrock Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/27/13 12:29 AM
Hi Cerio, it would be great to have more control over Drums.
I have suggested having RealDrumCharts that can be generated with the RealDrums to use with samplers and also MultiDrumRiffs for the very limited variation control. As you use a midi drum kit to produce these (that's great as we can use a sampler),
I don't know if you can make them as Midi SuperTrack installers so as to generate a midi drum track directly rather that having to go find the midi file and edit the parts you need from it in BB RB.

Bob...
Posted By: Cerio Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 06/27/13 12:56 AM
Hi Bob, what you want is unfortunately impossible with Biab 2013, since the program itself doesn't support these features. Let's hope that future versions will allow custom creation of midi "Superdrums" and MultiDrumsRiffs, it would be just great.
Posted By: dpresley Re: New site: www.realdrumsforbiab.com - 08/21/13 07:02 AM
I just ordered all of the packs. I am very impressed with recording quality of these sets. My favorite is the Samba which works well with soul tunes where I want a jazz samba feel. They are reasonable in price and the playing is very tasty.

There was a minor issue with getting a link but installation went well. I also use EZ Drummer but this much easier since it works within BIAB.

The free jazz metronomes and tracks sold me on the purchase. Highly recommended!
© PG Music Forums