PG Music Home
Posted By: David Walker brent mason guitar star - 06/09/13 10:08 PM
I guess I'm a little behind times. When did Brent Mason Guitar Star go from Version 1 to version 2 and what were the changes?
Posted By: David Walker Re: brent mason guitar star - 06/13/13 11:53 AM
Looks like the version changed around 2006 to 2008 time frame. Peter, what's different about Version 2.0... and the one I bought 1.0...? Do I need to buy latest version or will the upgrades you listed here on your web site work? The reason I'm concerned is that I bought a used Dell Laptop with Vista, and the program doesn't seem to be working properly. When I turn on the train style and push a key to get a riff playing, it sounds broken up and distorted and the tempo seems to be slowing up. I loaded and re-loaded both discs but that didn't help. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: brent mason guitar star - 06/13/13 02:31 PM
David - if you have an older version of GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country you can install the 2.0 patch. The patch is available here: http://www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.other.htm#gsbmc
Some of the updates include Vista fixes, and installing this patch may resolve your issues.

Summary of Changes for Version 2.0.7.54a (March 4, 2008)
Fixed: Error message when playing videos on some Vista computers.
Fixed: On some riffs, note display was not in sync with the audio.
Added: Hotkey for 1/2 playback (shift+F3)
Improved: 1/2 speed playback can now be toggled on/off during playback.
Added: Setting for bent notes to be shown in a different color.
Added: Setting to show upcoming notes as expanding spots (to let you know what the next note is).
Added: 'Show note outlines' setting can help on some computers that have trouble displaying notes on the fretboard.
Added: Setting for color-coded fingering (e.g. notes played by the first finger are blue etc.).
Added: Hotkeys, fly-by hints, and close button added to the Video window.
Fixed: Pressing Alt+F10 produced a debug screen.
Improved: Minor fly-by hint and help file updates.
Summary of Changes for Version 2.0.3.46a (May 17, 2007)
Updated: Windows Vista compatibility.
Improved: Fly-by hints weren't displayed during playback.
Posted By: David Walker Re: brent mason guitar star - 06/14/13 07:44 PM
That patch say if you have a version lower than 2.0 that it won't work. Is that true? My version is 1.01...
Posted By: David Walker Re: brent mason guitar star - 06/15/13 02:30 AM
That worked fine. Thanks for the help. grin
© PG Music Forums