PG Music Home
I just downloaded ie 11 onto my netbook win 7 basic 32 bit.hen

Since then every visit to the forum makes ie crash. Other sites are not effected.

Just so you know!
Chrome has ALWAYS perfectly worked in every platform.

I just don't get why anybody would use anything else?
Firefox here.... works great
Had the same problem with IE 11 x64. An update was released last week that seems to have addressed the problem. In the meantime, using Chrome.
Same freezing problem here, but its on youtube.I have gone back to ie10, control panel, programs and features,view installed updates---> uninstall ie11.

After restart you are back on 1e10.

I use all the browsers mainly ie and chrome, but do like to have them working ok.

Musiclover
Solved this here, by ticking 'use software rendering instead of GPU rendering' in the advanced tab of Internet Options
I did not have a problem with this website but after loading IE11 onto a Windows 7 64-bit laptop, the YouTube webpage kept freezing and crashing. From the MS messages I got, it looks like Microsoft has given up on solving the problem. Eventually, I found a solution that worked for me but I am not sure how it will affect other web pages because I do no know much about Shockwave Flash Objects. Anyway, this was the solution I found:

Quote:
If you get the message “YouTube.com is not responding” after installing IE11 on a Windows 7 computer: Click on “Tools” then “Internet Options”, “Programs” and then click on “Manage Add-Ons” then click on “Shockwave Flash Object” and click “Disable”. Finally click “Close” then “Ok”.

BTW, there are many, many reasons why people do not use Chrome or any other Google products (Yeah, I know YouTube is one of theirs). There is too much uncontrolled and misleading advertising which wastes my time. Plus their tracking and recording of my internet use is an invasion of privacy. They should go back to the original format for their various applications otherwise people are going to leave Google in droves. Actually, they already are!
Careful with that solution I quoted. It cured the YouTube problem but created problems elsewhere with non YouTube videos.
In IE 11 try hitting the F12 key. Then check the Browser mode and Document mode settings. You may not be using what you think you are! Look for Compatibility mode and don't use it. Or maybe try it if it isn't 'auto-enabled' already. Try setting back to IE10 mode this way (using F12).

I've seen IE11 fix a couple things IE 10 broke, and break a couple things that worked in IE10 .. IE9 seems pretty stable though, comparatively speaking.
I can't believe how many are still using IE8, I wish they would stop. Then I wouldn't need some of the If statements I currently have to worry about.
Gone back to IE 10 on my two machines, no further issues. It,s easy to do, just go to Programs and features in control panel, then view installed updates then delete IE11, Windows reverts back

Zero
© PG Music Forums