PG Music Home
At the risk of embarrassing myself in Public, (once again)

Was the quick audition feature always there? or is this new?

Just double clicking on a style and getting an instant preview is fantastic!

I am FINALLY seeing and hearing the Incredible Styles and Style Sets that "were just collecting dust" before..........

I cant stop listening and have marked tons of new favorites!

Thanks PG Music for this and please give the person(s) who thought of this a raise!!

BBB
Quote:

it's new.. and I agree, it makes the task of discovering what's cool MUCH faster and easier! I like this feature a lot
Originally Posted By: BBB

It has been there for a long time, but kind of hidden from many at the very top of the Stylepicker Window.

It is still there at top of the good old Stylepicker window for those who prefer that view.

Having it available from the Style button on the main view as a menu item should make it easier for those looking for a certain Style to fulfill a certain song to find a suitable style without being overwhelmed as much by the number of available styles listed from the Stylepicker view.

--Mac
preview has been there a long time.. but INSTANT preview is new, as detailed in this bullet from NEW FEATURES list:

Quote:
GUI enhanced – new on screen mixer. Redesigned on screen mixer, with volume/panning/reverb/tone sliders/settings. Tabs for on-screen pianos (one for each track), Plugins.

GUI enhanced - Chord sheet area – new colors for chord sheet part markers. Bar numbers color coded according to substyle. "Real" looking handwritten font for Chords.

On-Screen "Instant" Preview of Styles, RealTracks and RealDrums.

Instant Preview of Styles. Within the StylePicker, you can double click to hear an "instant" (starting in less than 3 seconds) preview of what that style or RealTracks sounds like. If style has both MIDI and RealDrums available, you can hear both, and choose which one you want. This makes it much faster to find the style that fits your song.

Instant Previews of RealTracks. Within the RealTracks Picker, double click on a RealTracks and a demo of that RealTrack will play (within 3 seconds). You can hear the RealTracks solo, or with a band. Since this doesn't affect your song, you can quickly audition many different RealTracks, and find the best ones for your song.

previously when previewing a real drum, you had to wait for the count-in ... now the preview starts quickly without count-in, and you can also hear the demo in context with the band if you want. I like that A LOT!
© PG Music Forums