PG Music Home
Band-in-a-Box Update Patches:
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Summary of changes for Build 383

• Improved: Guitar Tab notation entry improved. Clicking on tab in editable notation (after setting tracktype to guitar), will then set the next note to be inserted on that string.
  • Fixed: Tab font was too big on leadsheet.
  • Fixed: && was displaying for some styles with & in the name, such as R&B.sty.
  • Fixed: F5 Bar report was missing bar numbers sometimes.
  • Fixed: Updating old mixer sliders wasn't updating the new mixer sliders.
  • Fixed: RealTracks auditioning issue if your home folder was named with "band" in it.
  • Fixed: If usertracks was chosen, loop dialog referred to the usertracks (and vice versa).
  • Fixed: Instrument radio button menu showing usertracks was showing for loops.
  • Fixed: Acid info file had wrong acid name sometimes.
  • Fixed: User Memo in RealTracks picker wasn't allowing spaces in memos.
  • Fixed: In notation, sometimes after pressing stop, the up/down arrows were causing notes to change in the notation window.
  • Improved: In lyric editing more, going to the next lyric now highlights the text of the lyric.
  • Fixed: Audio button on mixer was resulting in wrong notation windows width.
  • Improved: Notation window, when note names are displayed, and there are blue lines shown for durations, now more visible note names.
  • Improved: For the audition play controls in the RealTracks picker and other dialogs, the play button now stays pressed in.
  • Fixed: Chords with 16th note pushes like ^^C weren't showing correctly using BigBand font.
  • Fixed: Drums demos with # in the name were not playing from the internet.
  • Fixed: Audio play from bar 1 offset fixed, on songs without tempo changes.
  • Fixed: Audio track, option in Render dialog to include/exclude audio track in render wasn't working in all cases.
  • Fixed: Audio Track volume not being saved with the song.
  • Fixed: When the option to show the Channel Numbers for the note names is selected, and you are in Staff Roll notation mode, the channel numbers appear behind the blue lines. This makes it difficult to see the numbers in this format.
  • Fixed: If I have all MIDI tracks in the song then changing the "THIS SONG" volume setting works ok within BiaB but makes no difference to the exported ".wav" file. That is you can have it all the way up or down but the exported ".wav" is still the same volume.
  • Fixed: Audition file for styles was looking for a RealDrums demo for some songs that already had RealDrums in them.
  • Fixed: Mute audio function doesn't cause a glitch now - happens immediately.
  • Updated: Full Band-in-a-Box manual.
  • Fixed: When adding styles with StylePicker editor, the styles weren't being added to the new categories.

Summary of changes for Build 381

• Fixed: Freeze wasn't updating on mixer sometimes.
  • Fixed: Redraw chords too big when returning from Ctrl-T full screen mode.
  • Fixed: Anomalies on chords/notation window when enlarging mixer.
  • Improved: Vocal synth engine (Sinsy) improved. New male singer added "Matsuo"; Settings now saved with song. Here's an example of Sinsy singing "Listen". Here is another example Helicon harmonies.
  • Improved: Faster bootup (about 20% faster).
  • Improved: Videos accessed by the Vides Demos button are updated, with lots of new videos and organized by catagories.
  • Added: New UserTracks Templates added to "C:\bb\RealTracks\UserTracks\UserTracks Templates" folder (Also in C:\bb\data\TemplatesForUserTracks).
  • Fixed: Some users with a recent Windows update needed to re-activate the program (ie delete tickets and re-activate).
  • Added: Full Band-in-a-Box 2014 User Guide

Summary of changes for Build 380

• Added: On-screen piano is now "clickable". Click on any track of the piano on the mixer, to hear that note (using the current MIDI patch of the track clicked). This also adds to the notation (if in editable notation mode) at the current time.
  • Fixed: Menu item for Melody Embellisher wasn't working.
  • Fixed: Play From button wasn't showing on the arrow menu when it was hidden from the main menu. Same for WAV, Prefs, ChordBuilder, RealTracks and RealDrums buttons.
  • Fixed: Access Violation occurring when top menu was clicked on in some cases (certain songs with frozen tracks).

Summary of changes for Build 379

• Added: Full screen (no GUI) mode. Press Ctrl T, and the top toolbar disappears. This makes the chord screen (and notation window, audio edit, piano roll) full screen. This is most useful for people with lo-res displays, where the toolbars are taking up too much of the screen, or those who want a clean look. If you set this, most options need to be done via menus, or pressing Ctrl-T again to toggle back the full display.
  • Changed: Flash Messages (yellow information messages) now bottom right, instead of top right, so they don't partially cover the mixer.
  • Added: Fine tuning the mixer sliders. Changing mixer #s by left click drag. You can now left click and drag the #s beside the mixer sliders, and this will allow fine tuning the values. Right click to type in the value.
  • Fixed: Freeze-up sometimes could occur when mixer window was open and audio track was displayed.
  • Added: Additional shots and holds files for new RealTracks are added. (Note: Holds293 does not exist).
  • Fixed: Some RealTracks Picker memos were not displaying.
  • Fixed: RealDrums Picker - some new drums styles had missing information.
  • Fixed: Miscellaneous minor fixes to demo songs included with RealTracks sets 188-205, such as typos and missing song titles.
  • Added: Documentation - Setting for RealDrums Reverb. This feature was not previously documented. In RealDrums, Prefs there is a setting for Amount of Reverb to RealDrums. Normally no reverb is added to Drums. But if you want some added, you can set it here.
  • Added: Documentation - Volume adjustment for Real Drum Pushes. This feature was not previously documented. RealDrums - Preferences: Adjust Push Velocity. This makes a dB adjustment to RealDrums drum pushes (there was already one for shots, just not pushes).
  • Added: Strings externalized including graphics.
  • Fixed: Spacebar key in RealTracks Picker and StylePicker dialog wasn't working correctly in the Filter edit control (was triggering a Preview).

Summary of changes for Build 378

• Added: We've added more material to the strings RealTracks! (included in the BonusPAK). The strings styles now have much more varied playing and can play complex chords. Simple arrangements are also available.
  • Fixed: Spacebar for preview was beeping in certain cases.
  • Fixed: Song title wasn't defaulting to untitled on bootup in some cases.
  • Added: Hints added for new dialogs (UserTracks, UserTracks Settings (off F5 dialog), Vocal Synth).
  • Added: Some strings externalized (for non English versions).
  • Fixed: After Vocal Synth, File-Open was forgetting the current directory.

Summary of changes for Build 377

• Changed: Instead of mixer tracks saying <not used> or <empty>, the name is just blank. This was a requested change, to have a cleaner look on the mixer.
  • Added: Tempo Spin control on main screen enhanced. Right click or Shift Click now changes by 1, without spinning unpredictably to higher values. Text doesn't highlight implying that it's editable.
  • Fixed: Previews in StylePicker, RealDrums Picker, RealTracks Picker, and Main Screen (Style button - Preview style) now shut off ASIO when needed to work correctly (ASIO is started when needed afterwards).
  • Added: Pressing <SPACEBAR> key now works for previews in StylePicker, RealDrums Picker, and RealTracks Picker.
  • Fixed: StylePicker list discrepancies.
  • Fixed: RealTracks Picker list typos fixed and some missing info added.

Summary of changes for Build 376

• Updated: Updated to show latest style definitions.
  • Updated: 'Patches' tab in mixer to shows patch names in large fonts.
  • Updated: Prefs- Output channels - now this is not saved between sessions (people were inadvertently setting it).
  • Fixed: RealTracks and SuperTracks files released with 2014: misc. minor fixes.
  • Fixed: 2014 Upgrade manual wasn't launching from the Help menu.
  • Fixed: Choose Font dialogs for Lyric Options, Notation Options and Display Options were showing up behind the program in certain cases.

Appreciate Andrew, Thanks
Many thanks Andrew.
Can't complain about the patches coming out so quickly. Thanks PG and staff.
Thanks, PGM
Cool. Nothing major but these little things add up to a better overall experience.

Bob
Many Thanks Andrew.

My RD preview buttons still don't work. I get a "No demo found" yellow message, with or without 'Use Internet' ticked.

My RT preview works fine.

I wonder if I need to re-download something?

Thanks! Best - Andy
Impressive, how quick patches are coming out. Minor, granted. But, this is more evidence how PG takes pride in their product.

Thanks so much, folks @ PGM.
Andrew, I hear the 624 gypsy solo fiddle playing a major third over a Gm chord. Does that have an easy fix to it?
Hi Andrew,

I take it that you mean holds 293 doesn't exist, since I do have holds 193 and 293 missing. By the way, whatever happened with holds 243, 244 and 245? That would make my set complete.

Cheers,

Philippe
Thanks for update 379, good stuff.

Added: Fine tuning the mixer sliders. Changing mixer #s by left click drag. You can now left click and drag the #s beside the mixer sliders, and this will allow fine tuning the values. Right click to type in the value.

I do find though (maybe others can test it out) that the above doesn't work that well, dragging the numbers to change the slider value, on my system anyways is a total unreliable way of fine tuning, numbers just jump all over the place even when dragging on them.

I love the ctrl+T for full screen and personally feel that could be enhanced to its full potential by having an option to put a small floating GUI transport bar type thing there with a drop down menu to add the buttons of your choice, also that biab will restart again in the last display type that you closed it in, either normal or ctrl+T

Thanks again
axeplayer
Thank you Andrew. smile
Sounds great! Does 379 incorporate 378, 377, etc? Or does each need to be installed in order?

Thanks!
Hey this is Great!!

Ctrl-T is what I need as an long-time user. I learned over many years to use the menus for most commands, and now I can get that back. Thank you very much!
Posted By: Mac Re: Band-in-a-Box 2014 Build 380 Update (Dec 19) - 12/13/13 01:43 PM
Originally Posted By: newbert
Sounds great! Does 379 incorporate 378, 377, etc? Or does each need to be installed in order?

Thanks!

Installing the latest Update file available always incorporates all the other previous Update fixes.

So if you missed 377, 378, simply installing 379 gets you all the fixes in one shot.

--Mac
but now you need an option for the notation mode to show a whole lot more then 4 bars
Posted By: Mac Re: Band-in-a-Box 2014 Build 380 Update (Dec 19) - 12/13/13 02:34 PM
Originally Posted By: silvertones
but now you need an option for the notation mode to show a whole lot more then 4 bars

Always have had it,

Notation View -> Options -> Bars/Screen at top center.

--Mac
Quote:
numbers just jump all over the place even when dragging on them

Hmmm, I don't think we've seen anything like that - could you send a message to support regarding it? Maybe specific to certain systems.
Hi John,

Have you tried adjusting the display option found under 'Opt' when in Notation Mode?

Also, to fit more bars on the screen, it's often necessary to reduce the display size by using the +/- buttons shown below.

Regards,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Jazzer_Phil
Hi Andrew,

I take it that you mean holds 293 doesn't exist, since I do have holds 193 and 293 missing. By the way, whatever happened with holds 243, 244 and 245? That would make my set complete.

Cheers,

Philippe

Yes, that's right, 293.
We have never had 243/244/245.
Originally Posted By: Mac

Always have had it,

Notation View -> Options -> Bars/Screen at top center.

--Mac

What I meant is more rows of measures.Yes you could have 12 bars across why not more rows. Lot of empty real estate there.
but I don't read so am not an expert on how many bars you'd want to be able to look ahead.
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music

There is a Build 379 update available, which includes significant updates to the shots and holds files.

Added: Additional shots and holds files for new RealTracks are added.

There just seems to be wma files, no wav files for the Audiophile version, SH2xxx.wma ?
2014 Missing Still, in the RealTrack picker window it has what instruments have Direct Input tracks and what hold they use,
they DI holds are in bb\RealTracks\Direct Input\Library\Holds

Missing:
4 dist
5 dist
6 dist
13 over
14 over
16 clean
30 dist
31 clean
35 dist
44 clean
45 clean
46 clean
55 over
56 clean
82 bass
84 bass
87 bass
88 bass
90 bass
105 over
111 bass
116 bass
127 over
131 pedal
135 pedal
140 clean
145 clean
151 bass
155 bass
158 clean
158 dist
160 dist
161 clean
162 dist
178 clean
179 clean
180 dist
183 clean
182 bass
186 clean
184 clean
185 clean
188 over
190 dist
194 clean
195 bass
202 clean
Originally Posted By: solidrock

There is a Build 379 update available, which includes significant updates to the shots and holds files.

Added: Additional shots and holds files for new RealTracks are added.

There just seems to be wma files, no wav files for the Audiophile version, SH2xxx.wma ?

I wrote Support about this question. An audiophile version of the patch is coming. Of course, the styles will still work in the meantime using the .WMA files.

In general, patches involving the audiophile version are released following some delay after the patch.
Cool thanks Matt.
Excellent, Andrew -- thanks much!
Thanks Andrew and others for #380 update, plus just plain being there
for us all.
Thanks, PG. Great that the up-dates are coming out so quickly. Later, Ray
Thanks Andrew that seem to have taken care of my access violation errors in BIAB also, does that make any sense?

Merry Christmas,
EDIT: This is the 380 2gig Audiophile update.
Before installing 380 I noticed there were Holds folders 269,270,275 in the root of the Direct Input/Library folder "G:\bb\RealTracks\Direct Input\Library\" they have the wav files only in them then after installing 380 the same folders in G:\bb\RealTracks\Direct Input\Library\Holds have the wma, bt1, xm2 etc.. in them.

Posted By: Mac Re: Band-in-a-Box 2014 Build 380 Update (Dec 19) - 12/25/13 02:29 PM
Quote:

If you have the Audiophile edition of Band-in-a-Box 2014, you can download this complete audiophile patch (2 GB) instead

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm
Originally Posted By: Mac
[quote]
If you have the Audiophile edition of Band-in-a-Box 2014, you can download this complete audiophile patch (2 GB) instead

I have the AudioPhile 2gig Update but it has no wav files in the package for Holds 269,270,275 you have to manually move them.
Andrew,

After I applied the update patch I was unable to load songs that used Soundtank or Amplitude. It gave me messages about Registration error or unregistered product and then the whole program would freeze.

I re-installed the plug ins thinking something had become corrupted - problem persisted. After a bit of research I modified my BIAB shortcut to run the program as Administrator - BINGO - no problems.

It is possible that the UPpate had nothing to do with the problem. Just the same, this information might be helpful if someone else has a similar issue.

Jim
RightSongs
ASUS Laptop Haswell i5 1.6-2.4 ghz, Win8.1 64 bit 8gig RAM
Posted By: Mac Re: Band-in-a-Box 2014 Build 380 Update (Dec 19) - 02/17/14 08:37 PM
We've encountered the Run as Administrator problem quite a few times for the IKMultimedia plugins, seems to be OS dependent for some as well.

As for the when or why of it, IIRC some have indeed encountered the problem after a program update, but others haven't. ?

I think it is good of you to report these things as more data can only lead to more insight for the development team.

--Mac
Makes me wonder if Windows saw the update file as a new file (even with the same file name) and the administrator setting had to be reapplied.
Hi,
Just installed 381 two days ago which is only 26MB.
Do I just install the new 40MB 381 on top?
or do I need to remove the previous one?
Thanks.

Lee
Hi Lee, and welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, we need to know which version of BIAB you had before the update.

In general, running updates from PG Music seems to be safe, because the updates appear to overwrite only the files that need changing.
Thanks Matt.

Biab 2014 build 380 before the 26MB 381 update which doesn't include the 2014 user guide.
As I understand it, if you had build 380, the smaller 40 MB 381 update is all you need. The larger 240 MB one is for those who had builds older than 380.

To my knowledge, the complete 2014 manual is not yet available and has nothing to do with this update (unless I missed an announcement in the last two days).
Thanks for the fixes.
Boot up time now "better" but nowhere near as fast as my 2013 boot up time was.
And yes,I disable Kaspersky AND turn off internet before I run.
BB is a real snail compared to RB.
Ian
MAC, I do respect your knowledge and helpful hints to the users of bb. I have been a user of bb, The ET-Pk. since 2010.5. Always purchasing the latest as soon as it is available from PG Music. Always happy with the product and support. BUT, since a 2014 ET-Pk., purchase, I receive the no access flag much too often. It makes no difference which settings I use, the result will eventually be ACCESS DENIED. I have in the past reported this to support, hands on in real time, went thru the steps which bring the warning flag on screen. I have, at the request of support and Tech. Rebooted,Reinstalled several times,Used files from 2011/2012/2012.5/2013 & 2014. No joy. On my C drive I have side by side versions of 2013 and 2014 current as of today's date. Any and all files play without an incident while using 2013. The same files will sooner or later show Access Denied????. To clarify. The selecting of a (radio button) or right clicking and instrument in the mixer will bring on the flag. Once it appears, A shut down or reboot is required to clear the access denied flag. All files, regardless of age play normal. My system is: PC,Win.7,HPi7 6/750 GB. BIAB 2014 ET-Pk. w/PG add on's. At present I am still using 2013 with no problems at all. I have been offered a refund by PG Music, but that is not what I want. I have been sent a replacement HD early on (remember the 26 hr. load time?). What I have ask for is this: Using a program such as (Join Me or the equivalent, manipulate my PC to find and fix my problem. I have not had a response to that. In closing, whew, I burned a CODE to do a setup on little wife's All In One Win. i5. Same results/no change. I have tried to keep this out of public media. What do you think? Can you help? Thanks a lot. I can, and will furnish an e mail address to you.-------Leon
Posted By: Mac Re: Band-in-a-Box 2014 Build 380 Update (Dec 19) - 03/14/14 10:09 PM
Leon--

Don't know if I can be of any better help to you.

**Are you attempting to run BB as anything other than Administrator?

**Is BB installed to your Program Files folder?

**The problems you described might also be caused by Antivirus/Protection program(s) or their settings.

--Mac
Boot up time much much better. I had never said anything but always wondered what the heck was it doing. Thank you!
Posted By: Mac Re: Band-in-a-Box 2014 Build 380 Update (Dec 19) - 03/17/14 02:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon Carpenter
....In closing, whew, I burned a CODE to do a setup on little wife's All In One Win. i5. Same results/no change. I have tried to keep this out of public media. What do you think? Can you help? Thanks a lot. I can, and will furnish an e mail address to you.-------Leon

Just to update this one, I talked with Leon over the telephone the other day, turns out that his UAC -- User Account Control -- had somehow turned itself back on, had him turn that back off and it seems his problem is solved at this point. The wife's machine, it was never turned off in the first place.

If you get a lot of messages with "Access" in them, such as "Access Denied" -- suspect User Account Control trying to prevent BB from writing to disk. Don't confuse that message with the word, "authorization" in it as being the same problem, though.

And don't expect BB2014 to work exactly the same as the previous version, either. There have been a few significant changes "under the hood". All of them good, just *different* in some relatively slight respects.

--Mac
Can I update my Everything Hard Drive with patch 381? I know when I download the patch that it fixes the BB on my computer Hard Drive. When I buy the new version every year, I just copy contents to the computer Hard Drive and any up-dates usually fix the computer version. Now I just want to fix the Hard Drive I bought so that it will be current. I'll assume I just plug it into the computer USB and direct the up-date to that drive. Am I correct?
Yes, I believe you are correct.

In my experience, when you run one of the PG Music updates, it only updates what you have, and only then if it needs to.

The update will ask you where your program is, where your RealTracks are, and where your RealDrums are. There may already be default values pointing to the internal hard drive on your PC, so change those paths to point to the PG Music external (USB) drive.

[I was told by Andrew there are no RealTracks updates in build #381, so if it doesn't ask about that, that's not a problem.]
Originally Posted By: David Walker
...I'll assume I just plug it into the computer USB and direct the up-date to that drive. Am I correct?

Don't just direct it to the drive proper, direct it to the 'bb' folder on that drive and all should be good.

X:\bb

--Mac
thanks Matt and Mac. Will do and thanks for the conformation
Build 381 update patch for Band-in-a-Box 2014 is available.
[*]Improved: Faster bootup (about 20% faster).

Please fix this. It works only sometimes. I get startup between 5 secs and 30 secs with no understanding about why this happens. I can't be alone....
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
I can't be alone....

We played a joke on our bone player one time. He wanted to start the song with his intro solo and then about 8 bars in he wanted the band to jump in. But we all had agreed we would just leave him out there hangin on his own. Well it was very funny at the time...

So I now know how he felt, really! I am the only one who has noticed this issue with program startup time?? cry
you're not alone

first few times startup time was fast not so much now
It varies on my system. Also, a restart is faster than an initial start.
I am pleased to see this update but, just so that we can be clear right from the start, I would ask if it is suitable for those of us with the Audiophile version? Are there any special considerations when downloading?

Also, I am completely in the dark about this note:

"You need to have both Band-in-a-Box and Band-in-a-Box Server closed prior to installing this update. Band-in-a-Box Server is the process that interacts with remote apps. To close it, right click on the icon (white and green musical note) in your task bar (bottom-right of your computer screen) and select Exit."

I do not have a white and green musical note anywhere on my computer screen that I can locate.
On the task bar, lower right, you can choose whether or not to see an icon all the time or just when there are notices/warnings. If it is not visible all the time, it will be visible in a 'holding' icon you can click to expand.

If you still don't see it, it's not running, so you can proceed with the update.
Everybody, go back and re-read the FIRST post in this thread. It is no longer about Build #381; it's now about #383.
Andrew and Staff,

Thanks for you updates.

Appreciate your work!
© PG Music Forums