PG Music Home
Posted By: LBL Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 06:12 PM
After setting up 2014 I am getting a N/A in the "Assign real Tracks" dialog for several bass tracks.
According to the info on the application(downloaded) for "realtracks200-205" there are no bass tracks. However the website lists several Neil Swainson bass tracks on the 202 real tracks package. And they are listed that way in the "Assign real Tracks" dialog as in set 202 but N/A. Are they suppose to be in there or not?
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 06:16 PM
Have you installed the updates? Check the support tab. #379 should bring you up to date. In BIAB click on help-what add-ons do I have? Later, Ray
Posted By: LBL Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 06:30 PM
I just downloaded 2014 last night 12/17. That update is for 12/12 and before. I shouldn't have to do that. The application text info from the download does not list the bass tracks at all for 202. Only bouzouki tracks.
Posted By: axeplayer Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 06:38 PM
Exact same problem discussed at length on forum.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads...true#Post226385

I emailed PG support a number of time, though they replied giving new link for set 202 (that didn't work) no solution so far, I don't even think they look at it as a bug.

It has to be since none of set 202 is by that artist, totally different instruments.

Guess its something just to live with, don't have the NA box ticked bottom left corner of realtracks dialog then they won't show.

Probably in my case, I would much prefer them to work on the missing buttons in the further right dropdown menu in the GUI toolbars if screen resolution is set different.

Axey

Posted By: LBL Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 06:51 PM
According to the website...the following is what is suppose to be on 202. All I got was the bouzouki.

Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Half,Half Sw 110 Solo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Half,Half Sw 140 Solo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Half,Half Sw 190 Solo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Half,Quarter Sw 110 Solo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Half,Quarter Sw 140 Solo Demo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Half,Quarter Sw 190 Solo Demo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Quarter,Quarter Sw 110 Solo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Quarter,Quarter Sw 140 Solo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Quarter,Quarter Sw 190 Solo [ Artist: Neil Swainson ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm CelticHornpipe Sw16 070 Solo [ Artist: Quinn Bachand ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm CelticSlipJig Sw 110 Solo [ Artist: Quinn Bachand ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm CountryCrossover Sw16 075 Solo [ Artist: Quinn Bachand ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm CountryPop Ev 085 Solo [ Artist: Quinn Bachand ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm ModernCountry Ev16 075 Solo [ Artist: Quinn Bachand ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm Rock Ev 120 Solo [ Artist: Quinn Bachand ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm SlowCountrySwing Sw 085 [ Artist: Quinn Bachand ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm SlowPop Ev16 065 Solo [ Artist: Quinn Bachand ]
Bouzouki, Rhythm SlowWaltz Ev 100 Solo Demo | Band Demo [ Artist: Quinn Bacha
Posted By: axeplayer Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 06:59 PM
Yep Same as you the same realtracks showing as NA.

The only thing is I am not sure now if they really are part of set 202, since your post says that they clearly are, from somewhere on PGmusic website.

Maybe sone others can reclarify

To be fair if they are not I can understand the mistake as its a big list of realtracks and with so many it would be so easy for PG to make a mistake.

I have tried everything with this, contacting support, redownloading, rebuilding the realtracks set, I just gave up.

Axey
Posted By: Paul Haynes Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 07:16 PM
I havnt bought 2014 yet but the demo for bouzouki has bass on the track, so this is strange if you can't reproduce what the demo is advertising.

http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.realtracks.country.htm
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 07:40 PM
I have all of those tracks listed in my Real Tracks Picker. Click on the Real Tracks icon, choose bass at the upper left and scroll through the bass tracks. I have all of those Swainson tracks there. I hope you can enlarge the pic. Later, Ray

Attached picture Real Tracks-bass 202.png
Posted By: LBL Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 07:58 PM
Ray,
They are not there as yours are. Yours are listed as being in set 202 as mine is. However, when I go back to the downloaded application for 200-205 they are not listed in there at all.

I don't know that I would ever use these tracks but it would be nice have them.
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/18/13 08:36 PM
Your primary download doesn't necessarily include the latest updates. It won't hurt anything for you to install #379. Updates #376-377-378 are included in #379. There were some tracks missing earlier that have been included in the updates. Later, Ray
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/19/13 12:34 PM
Did you try to re-install once more? I just looked at my installation (build 278!) downloaded on the 15th. My bass files of set 202 are there in good working condition.

Guido
Posted By: LBL Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/19/13 04:06 PM
Actually I had already installed that update. No change. I assume you mean 379 not 279.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/19/13 05:27 PM
Yes, 2 and 3 are awfully close together on a keyboard. blush

What I meant is: did you try to install the respective RealTracks file once more? It could be that the first time there was some action in your computer's inner workings to skip installing (or not writing the directory entry) of these files.

Guido
Posted By: LBL Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/21/13 04:19 AM
Yeah Guido, I tried reinstalling it. No dice.
Posted By: den_spain Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/22/13 11:45 PM
I have exactly the same problem, and everything is up-to-date. What is also odd is that the amount of styles shown in brackets after style 202 is 8, but I only have 7 styles, all bouzouki.

It's also interesting that the bass styles are not on the HD from PGM, although I confess that is not up-to-date....although it does have 8 bouzouki styles, not 7.....just to really confuse me.

Den
Posted By: axeplayer Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/23/13 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: denspain
I have exactly the same problem, and everything is up-to-date. What is also odd is that the amount of styles shown in brackets after style 202 is 8, but I only have 7 styles, all bouzouki.

It's also interesting that the bass styles are not on the HD from PGM, although I confess that is not up-to-date....although it does have 8 bouzouki styles, not 7.....just to really confuse me.

Den

Having the same problem and contacted support + live help.
I know its coming up to Christmas and everyone is slowing down but it would be nice to have an acknowledgement from PG that a problem does exist with this and might be sorted when they get the time.

Axeplayer
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/23/13 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By: raymb1
I have all of those tracks listed in my Real Tracks Picker. Click on the Real Tracks icon, choose bass at the upper left and scroll through the bass tracks. I have all of those Swainson tracks there. I hope you can enlarge the pic. Later, Ray

Re: enlarging image:

Attached picture 24-Dec-13 06-42-09 AM.png
Posted By: Rob - PG Music Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/24/13 09:02 PM
Hey Guys,

I have been made aware of this by several users. We are looking into it. I will be testing several shipping installations to figure out why it is showing up for most and not for others. Hang in there and we will get it addressed.

Thanks,
Rob.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/24/13 11:42 PM
Hi,

Those bass styles aren't part of set 202, they are part of earlier RealTracks sets. So you can just ignore that for now, we'll address that typo in the next patch.
Posted By: axeplayer Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/25/13 01:06 AM
Thanks Andrew and Rob and a happy Christmas to you both, well while we are at it, to those who celebrate Christmas a happy and peaceful one to one and all.

Axeplayer
Posted By: den_spain Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/25/13 02:13 PM
Andrew

So which one are they part of? I thought I had bought all the realtracks sets and I don not have them, so it would be nice to know where they should be. The install info screen for 202 says they are in it !!

Merry Christmas

Den
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/27/13 03:27 PM
For what it's worth, double-check that "Show if tempo is out of range" is selected in the Realtrack Picker.

If this is not selected, only those Realtracks in the range of the current BIAB tempo will be shown.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: axeplayer Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/27/13 05:57 PM
Thanks for reply Noel.

Just wondering if you can see what set the NA come from as they are certainly not anywhere else on my ultra pak, unless they are part of a bonus pak, or something not yet released.

Thanks Axey

Attached picture na.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/27/13 10:25 PM
Hi Axey,

In a post above, Andrew from PG Music mentions that those bass styles are not part of Set #202. With this in mind, I went and had a look in the \bb\Realtracks folders that corresponded to those RTs.

In every case, what I found inside the folder was a text file indicating that these tracks had been renamed and were no longer using the names/sets that Realtrack Picker assigned to them. (The below image show what's inside the folder \bb\Realtracks\Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Half,Half Sw 110. There are no audio files as one would expect.)

So I went through each of the text files and compiled the following information.

The below pdf summarises what I discovered (right-click and "Save as" will download it). In a nutshell, the Bass tracks are now considered 'normal', 'simple' and 'very simple' rather than 'quarter, quarter', 'half, quarter' and 'half, half'. (It seems as though 'Set 202' was used as an internal grouping by PG Music at a time when '202' was far removed from the set numbers that were available.)

link to pdf summary of Realtracks in Set 202

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: axeplayer Re: Bass tracks on set 202 - 12/28/13 05:22 PM
Noel what more can I say, this is a first claas piece of detective work taking the time and effort to get to the bottom of the missing realtracks.

I'm more than impressed and feeling a bit guilty for putting you to that trouble.

A happy new year to you, the trouble that you go to help people is amazing for want of a better word to describe it.

Thanks
Axey
© PG Music Forums