PG Music Home
Hey Merry Christmas BiaB people! I hope you're doing well. I was wondering. I installed BiaB from the Audiophile hard drive and chose to install approx 80Gb to my C drive. But it told me at that point that this would be compress files and not the wav files. So apparently Audiophile BiaB hard drive it has a set of the compressed and the uncompressed wav files at the same time.

How does everyone start using the wav files? What do most do? Only install the wav files for the genre they usually are working with? Or maybe after they have an album of songs pretty much dialed in they finally go find these RealTracks used and replace them one by one with the higher quality?

I guess they are easily located on the hard drive and it is common sense to put them in their place on your c drive right? I haven't checked out the directories yet to try and figure this out. I am not sure if the wav files just overwrite the compressed files on your C drive. Or is it a completely different file folder?
I don't have the Audiophile files but...

If WAV files are present, BIAB will use those rather than WMA (compressed) files. If you wish, you can move selected folders of RTs and RDs to your internal drive. Make sure to place them in the correctly named folders (RealTracks, Drums) and point BIAB to that location using RD and RT preferences.

If you want the audio quality, it does not make sense to use the compressed versions.
As I advised you in another thread, if your RealTracks are 80 GB, you have not installed the audiophile version. The audiophile RealTracks are about ten times that size. You can install them to your internal drive as Rachael mentioned, or you can do the minimal program install and then point to the RealTracks on the supplied PG Music external drive. Or, you can do what I did: add another internal drive of 1 TB and put just the RealTracks (and RealDrums) there.

If you are at all unsure about this, you could give PG Music Support a call and they can help you make the proper adjustments, even taking over your computer remotely if required.

Maybe I missed something when I installed it. I was going for the Wave file installation but my highest option seemed to be 80gb compressed. I will have to try it again and see where I missed the option. If I don't get it I will write BiaB about it. Maybe I am better off just working with my compressed for a while. I will be taking up so much space with so many RealTracks that I am never going to use. I guess I will have to reinstall it all to try and put the wave files on this system.

Out of my 698Gb I only have 47GB left. If I uninstall the 80gb. That means I will have about 117Gb open. What you are saying is that won't be enough. I will have to check why I have so much of my drive used. I think I have a ton of Amazon Classical music on this system. I am not listening to it lately and they have copies online for me. I should buy me another hard drive. If I just work with BiaB creating my songs. Then later replace my files I will my BiaB file be reading the new Wav then? Don't worry about it. I have too many questions on you about this. I will talk to BiaB soon. Thanks for your help
Thanks Rachael, nice to talk to a lady on this forum. I think you could be the first lol. WOW! I will look into it. I have to do it your way. Replace select folder. Why go pro with the Wav files on styles I am not using? I might have to replace this hard drive someday with a bigger one.

RT's and RD's I am sure are RealTracks and RealDrums. I will have to do some investigating soon on my BiaB drive and look at my BB folder on my C drive. I just haven't looked at it. I have been doing good with the compressed so far. But since I bought the Wav files I might as well replace them. All the Jazz and Bossa Nova. Two genres I am working on for a couple albums. I might produce a country album of some country songs I wrote 20 years ago also later. But I can replace those another time.

What kind of music are you working on Reachael? Let me check it out if you have some links to it. I would like to listen to something of yours. Ok thank you
© PG Music Forums