PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Mac I So Need a Bum Bum Bum - 01/01/14 12:58 PM
Can I start by apologising, I am sure that after Christmas every experienced user of BIAB gets fed up of newbies asking all sorts of questions that a quick glance in the manual will sort. Having said that, I have looked and I am usually quite good at working things out, but this has me stumped.
I need the sound of some horns in a descending triplet i.e. Bum,Bum,Bum
to play over a quick chord progression of G# G Em
Ideally I want them made from realtracks and after much hair pulling, the only way I can think of doing it is to just keep generating such tracks, listening to them and then cutting and pasting it together.
Before I launch into this can some just tell me, is there an easier way?
Thanks for any and all help, but again feel free to ignore.
A happy new year to you all as well
Cheers Steve
Posted By: rharv Re: I So Need a Bum Bum Bum - 01/01/14 02:51 PM
Trying to get Realtracks to do this is going about it the hard way, in my opinion.

MIDI gets you what you want right away.
That said, if you can get One Realtrack sample that sounds good, you could likely copy/paste and pitch transpose the G#-G .. but the minor on the third chord may raise a problem.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: I So Need a Bum Bum Bum - 01/01/14 03:03 PM
yup.... my thoughts exactly.... use midi and some halfway decent horn samples.

trying to get RB to generate that specific triplet is like the infinite number of monkeys with typewriters thing..... it might happen eventually, but that also might be a really long wait.

Use midi.... the only problem you might have with the midi is if you are using real track horn parts for everything else.... you have to match the tone, timbre, and EQ of the midi to the RT or it will stick out.

You might get lucky and it could be a close enough match to start with. If not, you probably will need to use the midi through out so that it's a common occurrence in the song and not just one triplet. BTW: there is no problem with having the RT & midi horns in the same tune.... just make them both a part of the song.
Posted By: Steve Mac Re: I So Need a Bum Bum Bum - 01/01/14 03:20 PM
Thanks guys, I suspected that might be the case
Cheers Steve
© PG Music Forums