PG Music Home
Posted By: Oom Karel Military roll drums - 02/06/14 06:12 PM
Hi
Are there any realdrum styles similar to military drums?
KarelD
Posted By: Mac Re: Military roll drums - 02/06/14 06:19 PM
I don't know of any RealDrums, but there are a few MIDI styles that can do the job with a good MIDI synth/sampler solution.

That is, if you're talking Marches and the like.

If what you are after is military style Press Rolls and such, might be a good job for use of downloaded Audio Loops inside BB, perhaps along with a selected RealDrum for the rest.

Not a good idea to try to create a Press Roll effect using standard MIDI, for reasons of the "machine gun" effect. An audio sample of an actual PressRoll or Street Beat with rolls sounds much better and is much easier to implement.

--Mac
Posted By: Oom Karel Re: Military roll drums - 02/07/14 07:04 PM
Uhhmm...yeah...huh?
So one would find an audio loop somwhere, bring it into BB as audio and then fiddle around with some other realdrums?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Military roll drums - 02/07/14 07:14 PM
Log on to www.freesound.org/

and search for drum rolls. There are a number of them there and they all are free.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Military roll drums - 02/07/14 07:14 PM
More or less Yes.
E.g. You could bring it into the Melody or Soloist Track in BiaB, or any audio Track in Real Band.
Is this like the style you are looking for?
Posted By: jford Re: Military roll drums - 02/08/14 12:07 AM
Along these lines, I would love to see some RealDrums along the lines of Paul Simon's "50 Ways To Leave Your Lover", or Third Day's "Agnus Dei".
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Military roll drums - 02/08/14 11:34 PM
Hmm, those sound pretty good Videotrack. I agree, that's the best solution IMHO, although, yes, there are some free loops around if you can find one long enough and with some nice variations to it, otherwise, buy some of these like the one on the link by VideoTrack.

Later

Mike B.
Posted By: Oom Karel Re: Military roll drums - 02/09/14 06:55 PM
Thank you people. Always ready to help. Videotrack, that particular one is probably a bit over the top, while the 50 ways is closer to what I had in mind. But thank you all, as always, I got some homework to do.
I do believe that BIAB was the best music investment I have ever made. A) It's an excellent product, B) The company provides excellent support and C) There is all the experience on the forums....for FREEE!
© PG Music Forums