PG Music Home
Posted By: tributeman problems generating a guitar lick solo - 03/07/14 05:03 PM
Im having problems generating a guitar lick\solo off the add\remove section .. I select one I like after listening to a demo of it then generate it onto my BIAB song.But when I listen to it (1281 ctry train brent mason) its not the same lick\solo what exactly am I doing wrong? Cheers Frankie
Posted By: Mac Re: problems generating a guitar lick solo - 03/07/14 07:26 PM
Hit Regenerate and see if the lick you are interested in gets loaded. Repeat Regens until it does. Then hit the Freeze button.

--Mac
The cool thing about this program is that it will generate many different versions. If it only did one certain lick it would be fairly useless and BORING....since everyone would be getting the same exact music if they used the same player.

I have generated up to 5 different tracks for one solo, using envelopes to pick and choose what parts are actually played.

I have also done what Mac suggested.... hitting that regenerate button and listening to see if I liked what it did.
Mac Ive tried generating quite a number of times but that train lick just isnt in there..its pefecr for the song but just cant find it after its been generated
Hi Herb,Like Ive explained to Mac I just cant find the guitar lick which would fit my song..Ive generated it a number of times but there is nothing even close to it..will contact PG maybe they have come across this before Cheers Frankie
Posted By: Mac Re: problems generating a guitar lick solo - 03/08/14 03:20 PM
Navigate to the RealTracks folder that contains the raw realtracks file using Windows Explorer, then use Media Player of some sort to listen to the entire raw performance that particular RealTrack is derived from - and see if your lick is in there somewhere.

It might be the chord combinations used, too, which may not be "calling" that particular lick when assembling the RealTrack for your song.

In that case, go back and re-check the Demo song by loading it into BB (NOT using the "play via internet' option) - and find where that lick is being played, make a note of the type of chord or progression it shows up over and compare to your songfile. Sometimes simply slightly changing the chord entered in your target song can "call" a certain riff or lick. For example, maybe entering a straight "C" chord won't call it, but changing that C to a C7, or Cmaj7 might.

--Mac
Thanks Mac will will try what youve suggested.. will come back and let you know how I get on Cheers Frankie
© PG Music Forums