PG Music Home
Posted By: sax80 Window to see chords entered - 03/09/14 01:59 PM
Just curious does 2014 have the window to see chords entered.I looked can't find one. Thanks Ed
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Window to see chords entered - 03/09/14 03:23 PM

Ed:

I assume you mean the window that shows what characters you are typing when entering chords. Yes it's there, right next to the Number of Choruses box.

Trouble is, (at least on mine, which is running the defaults), the color is WHITE on very light blue-ish, greenish, greyish ....

It's very hard to read.

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Posted By: MarioD Re: Window to see chords entered - 03/09/14 04:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Lloyd S

Ed:

I assume you mean the window that shows what characters you are typing when entering chords. Yes it's there, right next to the Number of Choruses box.

Trouble is, (at least on mine, which is running the defaults), the color is WHITE on very light blue-ish, greenish, greyish ....

It's very hard to read.

Good luck!
LLOYD S

It took me awhile to find it and yes it is very hard to read. I think this is one of the most important features (seeing the chords you are inputting) and I believe that the size of that window should be at least 2-3x what it is now and that is should be black on white.

Just my thoughts.
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: Window to see chords entered - 03/09/14 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Ed:

It's very hard to read.

Good luck!
LLOYD S

It took me awhile to find it and yes it is very hard to read. I think this is one of the most important features (seeing the chords you are inputting) and I believe that the size of that window should be at least 2-3x what it is now and that is should be black on white.

Just my thoughts.

+1 on the bigger and easier to read (or user defined size/colors).
Posted By: DrDan Re: Window to see chords entered - 03/09/14 05:09 PM

Yes it's there, right next to the Number of Choruses box.

Wow, I totally missed that. Thanks. This certainly could use a little more visual prominence.
Posted By: Mac Re: Window to see chords entered - 03/09/14 05:10 PM
A lot of us reported this during the Beta testing.

Yours Truly started up BB2013 and measured the size of the Chord Entry slot there, then compared that to the size in BB2014.

Found out that the real problem, at least for me, was the different PLACEMENT of the thing, as versus the size of it - old habits and such had me wanting to look to the LEFT side of screen first, where it used to be.

I do think that slot could be made a lot larger, with a bigger font as the default, though. In BOLD, if possible.

Have also found that it is not the problem it once appeared to be after working exclusively with BB2014 and the new GUI for he past several months. Now that I've broken the habit of looking first where it used to be...

--Mac
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Window to see chords entered - 03/09/14 10:21 PM
Wow! Thanks for this thread! I just thought they had removed it and I was typing blind!
© PG Music Forums