PG Music Home
Posted By: bharris Printing Soloist Track as Tablature? - 03/13/14 04:19 PM
Hi - is there an easy way to print just the soloist track of a song in tablature? If you could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Would it be easier, or would the output look better, if I simply exported the midi file for the soloist track and imported that midi file into Guitar Pro (for example)? If so, is there an easy way to just export the soloist track as a midi file, or do I need to export the whole song as a multitrack midi file and just use the soloist track?

Thank you!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Printing Soloist Track as Tablature? - 03/13/14 06:56 PM
Hi,

What version of BIAB do you have?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: bharris Re: Printing Soloist Track as Tablature? - 03/13/14 07:06 PM
Hi - I have BIAB 2011. Thanks!
I have version 2010.5 build 19 for mac. When I go to notation for bass or guitar the tab has vanished. Can anyone tell me how to get it back please

Brenton
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Printing Soloist Track as Tablature? - 08/07/14 08:15 AM
Hi,
Quote:
is there an easy way to print just the soloist track of a song in tablature? If you could help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it

If there is notation associated with the Soloist, it can be displayed as tab.

• All MIDI solos will have notation associated with them and Realtracks that have an underline have notation. The image below shows that only the instrument on the Strings track has associated notation.

To display the notation as tab, enter "Notation Mode". Once in Notation Mode, click on the "Opt Button" (#1 on the image below).

When the Notation Options window opens, select the "Tab" option that I've marked with a red circle.

This should now give a tab display.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Printing Soloist Track as Tablature? - 08/07/14 08:16 AM
Hi Brenton,

I don't know BIAB for Mac, but following the instructions above in relation to the "Opt" button in "Notation Mode" might be what you need.

Regards,
Noel
I use BiaB 2013 for ma,. and when I click on a bar and highlight a section of a song it won't scroll down pas t bar 64 the last bar on he first screen. Is this fixable or am I stuck with this problem
Brenton
© PG Music Forums