PG Music Home
Posted By: sneed How to Stop RealDrums Quick Solos? - 02/01/09 08:56 PM
I'm building a ballad and i want a simple drum beat throughout, but every so often Realdrums throws in a quick solo for a few seconds. I tried unchecking all the song settings for allowing style changes and pushes but that had no effect.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: How to Stop RealDrums Quick Solos? - 02/01/09 09:00 PM
Are you perhaps referring to fills? If so, remove all part markers (A = blue, B = green) from your song. Just have one blue marker at the beginning.
Posted By: sneed Re: How to Stop RealDrums Quick Solos? - 02/01/09 09:02 PM
There are no part markers.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: How to Stop RealDrums Quick Solos? - 02/01/09 09:12 PM
OK. Are there perhaps some stretches where there is no chord change, such as four bars of the same chord? Sometimes the real instruments can get more 'excited' when this occurs. Try repeating the chord in each bar if you have such a situation.

Otherwise, it's just the way the real performer recorded it, and there may not be anything you can do.

Anybody else have any ideas?
Posted By: JEP Re: How to Stop RealDrums Quick Solos? - 02/01/09 10:00 PM
Matt,
I've made the same observations as you. The drummer has a tendency to fall off of his stool if he can't see a new chord coming his way and soon. At least in some of the styles. Sometimes restating a chord seems to help. Another solution would be to iron it out in RealBand by regenerating only parts. But I realize this is the BIAB section...

- Jepster
Posted By: sneed Re: How to Stop RealDrums Quick Solos? - 02/01/09 10:07 PM
There is a different chord in each bar already.
Posted By: JEP Re: How to Stop RealDrums Quick Solos? - 02/01/09 10:24 PM
Sneed,
I can try to reproduce it here. Which RealDrum style, and how often (in terms of bars)?

- Jepster
Posted By: Mac Re: How to Stop RealDrums Quick Solos? - 02/01/09 10:30 PM
Maybe you could find another RealDrum that plays more to your liking. Audition some is the only way I know.

Also, don't lock yourself in to a "realdrums only" kind of world. Quite often the MIDI drums for a style can do the job more to what you had in mind. This may depend upon your choice of MIDI synth too, some are obviously going to sound better at it than others.

--Mac
© PG Music Forums