PG Music Home
Posted By: MrZed Style for massage music - 03/31/14 01:20 AM
I'd like to make some tracks that are similar to what you'd hear at a massage studio (Massage Envy etc). Slow, quiet, pan pipes or such.

I've been looking through the melodist and don't see anything like that and looking through the styles. Not sure what to call this. Perhaps you've found one like this. Can you point me in the right direction?

Dan
Posted By: Ed J. Re: Style for massage music - 03/31/14 02:19 AM
Hi Dan,

You might want to check out the options available with the Soundtrack feature on the menu bar under Window -> Generate Soundtrack. I don't have much experience with it but you might find something therethat will be of help to you.

Good luck,
Ed
Posted By: seeker Re: Style for massage music - 03/31/14 02:38 AM
Dan,
Quote:
Ed...You might want to check out the options available with the Soundtrack feature on the menu bar under Window -> Generate Soundtrack.

This is a piece of Emerald.sty with PanFlute for melody.
This is a PG Demo piece. No FX at all only default
midi sounds.
Am using CoolSoft midi synth as default midi.
Forte would also sound good.

192kb mp3 4.5 meg.
http://www.mp3cloud.mobi/EMERALD_STY_PanFlute.mp3
This is part of 6.4 minutes.
Posted By: Mac Re: Style for massage music - 03/31/14 03:50 AM
You might also find some interesting styles by searching the stylepicker for some of the New Age offerings.
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Style for massage music - 03/31/14 05:08 AM
What success I've had with ambient styles with BIAB has come through much experimentation with New Age, World music, even certain dance styles, slowing things wa-ay down, revoicing with pads, etc. Depending on how much material you want you may want to learn how to create your own styles. Also, because of the 255-bar limit in BIAB you may also want to port things over to RB after a point. Repeats are nice but can become monotonous.

HTH,

Richard
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Style for massage music - 03/31/14 11:47 AM
Ditto what they said. Often you can find a style that is suitable in some of the "other styles" where you might not expect it to be and change it a bit...

Look in the new age area also at some of the Celtic styles. Look also at any Japanese styles and that would probably be in the world style section.

Several years back I did a few Japanese cues and also used a wooden flute from Kontakt IIRC.... it worked out fairly well. I grabbed the style straight out of BB/RB.
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: Style for massage music - 03/31/14 03:15 PM
PNOMOOD1 and 2 are pretty mellow and can easily be altered with additional / fewer instruments. I like them anyway.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Style for massage music - 03/31/14 05:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Ryszard
What success I've had with ambient styles with BIAB has come through much experimentation with New Age, World music, even certain dance styles, slowing things wa-ay down, revoicing with pads, etc.

HTH,

Richard

That is exactly how I create ambient music.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Style for massage music - 03/31/14 06:26 PM
trying to resist the urge to add a "Happy Ending" joke here...not succeeding...
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Style for massage music - 04/01/14 07:10 AM
New Age sometimes takes itself too seriously. We could use the humor--go for it! (Just for yucks, check Youtube for Garrison Keillor's take on the origin of New Age music.) cool laugh

R.
© PG Music Forums