PG Music Home
Posted By: bostonx Guitar and mic setup in biab - 04/14/14 05:15 AM
Hey all,

If I have a mic and guitar recording audio in biab at the same time, does the program know to seperate the tracks ???

Or is there a setting like in the audio driver setup that I have to perform???

I know I could set this up in real band or a daw easily but I figure if I'm gonna write the tune in biab might as well put the guitar track and vocal track in at the same time...

Posted By: Noel96 Re: Guitar and mic setup in biab - 04/14/14 06:35 AM
Hi bostonx,

BIAB can only record a single audio track. If you have a mixer that is combining the guitar and the audio into a single signal, then that signal can be recorded by BIAB. Guitar and vocals will not be separated.

To have separate tracks, you would be better to use Realband. This will allow you to record vocals on one track and guitar on a different track (this would be a two step process - first one and then the other). Each track will then be able to be manipulated individually.

It would then be possible to combine these two tracks from Realband into a single performance track that could be used by BIAB if you wanted to do it that way.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Guitar and mic setup in biab - 04/14/14 11:39 AM
Originally Posted By: bostonx
Hey all,

If I have a mic and guitar recording audio in biab at the same time, does the program know to seperate the tracks ??? Or is there a setting like in the audio driver setup that I have to perform???

No and no. The program does not know how to think for you. Nor is that kind of thing done in the driver settings.

Originally Posted By: bostonx

I know I could set this up in real band or a daw easily but I figure if I'm gonna write the tune in biab might as well put the guitar track and vocal track in at the same time...

The way I work when writing..... and yes, I use BB all the time for writing..... is to set with my acoustic guitar and play and sing the parts while BB is playing the song's backing tracks. Once I have the song completed or nearly so....as far as cords and structure and key and tempo are concerned, I move the song to real band where I have more tracks to work with for adding things.
Posted By: bostonx Re: Guitar and mic setup in biab - 04/16/14 03:42 PM
See I don't know why but every time I use real band I am not thrilled with it... It always seems to do something I don't want it to do... I only really use it sparingly if I need more additional tracks generated...

Since I am finally getting a little better at playing keyboards, I am able to play my own keyboard tracks these days so I don't use those as much as I used to and generally only copy over bass, drum, and accoustic guitar real tracks into my daw..

The reason I would want biab to be able to record both the mic and guitar at the same time but seperate tracks was I sing better when I am playing, and then I wanted to harmoze sections of the vocal track which I believe is a biab feature but sure about real band
© PG Music Forums