PG Music Home
I have a song in which I want to the style to change from _JAFRED.STY to L_BOSMED.STY at bar 49.

If I do it with any combination of Bar Settings or Substyle Define, it changes the drums but the other tracks go

silent. All tracks are unfrozen and have been re-generated multiple times.

Later at Bar 65 I change it back with Bar Settings and the other tracks come back on.
I suspect the problem could be using the Guitar part for both a RealTrack and Midi?

Perhaps you can find a multistyle to work. You can also assign RT or Midi to an unused part and used Bar settings to mute/unmute where the style changes.
Thanks for the quick response.

However, I'm not sure what you mean. All tracks in both styles are real tracks; and the issue isn't the guitar track, per se. The drums change but piano and bass disappear along with the guitar. The help says you can't use a real track and a midi track on the same track (not sure why that is so) but that isn't what I'm doing.

As for trying different styles, that's unacceptable. Apart from the prohibition of combining of real and midi, why would one combination of real tracks work and not another?

Are there any other restrictions on changing styles mid-song?
L_BOSMED.STY is a midi style. BIAB may be substituting RTs if that option is enabled. Can you post the songfile somewhere? It is easier than going back and forth. Os PM me and I'll give you my e-mail.
Originally Posted By: Rachael
L_BOSMED.STY is a midi style. BIAB may be substituting RTs if that option is enabled.

If one attempts to remove the real track, to avoid a potential conflict between real track and midi, one gets the message "The style itself contains real Tracks".

Originally Posted By: Rachael
Can you post the songfile somewhere? It is easier than going back and forth. Os PM me and I'll give you my e-mail.

I have nowhere to do post the song, and I'd rather not exchange e-mails.
© PG Music Forums