PG Music Home
Posted By: Stephan326 When I render to WAV file - 02/12/09 04:12 AM
My tracks dont start at beat 1 . beat 1 seems to be a quarter beat early. This happens with all rendered tracks.in either BIAB or RB. Makes it impossible to line things up. Its almost like it has some kind of swing built in.. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/12/09 08:45 AM
What is your reference point for determining that the rendered tracks don't start on beat 1? Are you saying that the instruments and the drums play out of time with each other?
Posted By: Stephan326 Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/12/09 12:46 PM
I render it then I put in another DAW for mixing. Same in all DAWs. Each WAV has near 2 measure lead-in. That would be ok , except all wavs come in before the one. So lets say that we have all instruments in at measure 3. With the tempo set as it was in BIAB, all instruments are in at beat 4 of measure 2.
Posted By: Stephan326 Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/13/09 04:52 AM
This is frustrating as heck... hasn't anyone seen this before..
Posted By: Noel96 Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/13/09 10:36 AM
Hi Stephan,

I have never come across this problem and I regularly use BIAB, render the tracks as WAV files, and import the rendered tracks into Sonar Home Studio for mixing. If this was happening to me, I'd simply cut the offending tracks and paste them so that they line up. What DAW do you use?

Noel
Posted By: Stephan326 Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/13/09 12:32 PM
Here is the odd thing, I have done that zoomed way out and they do not line up.. That is the great mystery. I have been doing things like you described for years and never seen anything like this.. very odd.It does in more than one DAW so... I am not sure. I believe there is a setting I am overlooking. BTW is there a way to set PPQ in BIAB 2009?
Posted By: Mac Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/13/09 02:59 PM
Check the BPM Tempo of the song and make sure that you set the BPM of the target host software to the same before importing the tracks.

Default BPM is generally 120 for most softwares and if your song was done at a faster clip, that would explain things starting on beat 4 of bar 2. But likely only happens on wav tracks, as MIDI tracks would line up and behave off of the MIDI BPM map.

--Mac
Posted By: Noel96 Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/13/09 08:08 PM
Have you checked that when you read the rendered wav files into your DAW that they are starting at beat 1, bar 1?
Posted By: filkertom Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/14/09 02:23 AM
Also be sure that your DAW isn't time-stretching the .WAV files by some default. I have this problem now and then in Acid and Vegas.
Posted By: Stephan326 Re: When I render to WAV file - 02/14/09 07:33 AM
I had Audiostretch set to 0 I set it to 2 or 3 and it seemed to be fine then.
© PG Music Forums