PG Music Home
Posted By: solidrock Realband & BAIB Development Direction - 07/20/14 02:15 AM
Every time I've purchased RB/BB PC/Mac all these years I never get an option to reply to a customer survey or feedback questioner email of multiple choice asking me in what ways I use it, am I happy with it, any suggestion for improvement, the only emails I get are News and Orders.

Like do most use it solely for a backing band.
Do they use it to make their own music production for CD
Do they use it for backing tracks.
Do they use it to make the RTs then use them in another DAW.
Do they use BIAB only without knowing about RB and it's capabilities.
Do they use RB only.
Do they use both.

Does PG rely totally on wishlist of some customers coming to and using the forum in order to see what people use it for ?

How many of the customers on the planet purchase RB/BIAB and never come to the forum or email PG to give any feedback for development direction, or are all the customers here now in the forums ?

Most of the Development Priority seems to be with BIAB and not Realband.
Well, I'll reply.

I use both BB & RB.

BB is one of the best, and my favorite tool for writing a song. So easy to experiment, change keys, styles, move parts of the song around and finally come to a reasonable approximation of what I was thinking musically to start with.

I move the project into RB where I convert all the tracks to audio and then add more as needed. Steel Guitar, Dobro, Fiddle, B3, etc....

I then export the tracks from RB to a folder and import them into Sonar. It's there, that I add my own live tracks for guitar, mandolin, and vocals as well as do the mixing and final polishing and editing of the mix.

The music is either for fun or to place into the hands of a publisher or music library for possible commercial usage.

As far as future development, I'm thinking that aside from making some of the existing BB functions work better... such as ACW.... most of the new development would be in the RB application by adding new tracks (we can always use more real tracks) and improving the functions of the existing product.

Then again, who knows what they are working on?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Realband & BAIB Development Direction - 07/20/14 02:12 PM
Pretty simple workflow for me:

I start in BIAB to rough out the accompanying tracks, write the chord and tempo map and arrange the different song parts. Save all of this. Then I drag and drop the tracks to Reaper for all recording, mixing and mastering. I will return to the BIAB file if I begin to need soloist tracts or just want to adjust a song part.

These days, my music is only for personal pleasure. For several years I took BIAB on my laptop for live gigs but more recently no time for that. If I record a good one, it goes on my web site and gets sent to friends and family.

I really don't need BIAB to be anything more than it currently is. Don't need no 64 bit and even the GUI changes don't really interest me as I am not looking for new learning curves from this app. I try to focus more integrating me (via vocals and guitar) in the music than getting more of BIAB into the music. Reaper provides more than enough DAW features to keep me fully challenged.
© PG Music Forums