PG Music Home
Hi all, wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I've been noticing it more and more recently.

When I generate a new version of a song I've programmed, not all of the time but a good percentage of the time the pan settings get reset and I lose all the work I did to get just the right L/R mix and balance (which can often take a while). The volume settings aren't affected, and neither are any other settings as far as I can see.

The best way I can think of to avoid this is to be sure to save the song immediately after doing all the pan settings so there is a saved version to revert to in case this happens - even if I know I want to generate a new take and don't want to keep the old take.

Maybe there's a setting somewhere that's causing this to happen and if anyone can let me know that would be great! Thanks
Hi Edward,

Do you have the latest update for your version of BIAB?

Regards,
Noel
Don't know if this is the answer: how about "freezing" the tracks.
Are you changing 'Style' or anything between the generations?
Hey guys,

Really appreciate your responses, thanks!

As far as I know I have the latest version of BIAB. I just purchased the 2014 Everything Pak and that's what I'm using.

I didn't change the style. I'm using exclusively RealStyles and I didn't switch between RealStyles here. All I did was hit "Generate and Play" to create a new version in the same style. That's when all the pan settings got changed without me wanting them to.

Actually what happened specifically was all pan settings went to dead center and reverb levels went to 64 for all instruments including bass (these are RealTracks instruments). 64 reverb is a bit excessive for drums, and for bass especially. So I then needed to manually put the pan and reverb settings back where I had put them prior to hitting "Generate and Play" this second time.

The problem with freezing all tracks is this prevents from achieving what I wanted to do, namely create a whole new rendition of the song (and hopefully not lose all the painstakingly adjusted panning and reverb settings in the process to arrive at a nice audio mix).

Having said that, I am using the Mac version of BIAB so if Windows users haven't experienced this before I should probably post the issue in the Mac area of the forum. Maybe it's a Mac-specific thing. I developed what may be a bad habit after buying the program and joining the forum about two weeks ago of posting questions here in the Windows area because it seemed to be a lot more active. I could be wrong about that though...

If anyone has experienced this problem in the Windows version and knows a way to avoid it I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks again
© PG Music Forums