PG Music Home
Posted By: Bert9981 BIAB 2014 - 08/22/14 11:05 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've had BIAB 2010 but never got really skilled with it. Now I'm retired and have more time to devout to working with it. How do folks like BIAB 2014? I'm thinking of upgrading.
Posted By: Bert9981 Re: BIAB 2014 - 08/22/14 11:05 PM
Thanks!!
Posted By: solidrock Re: BIAB 2014 - 08/22/14 11:16 PM
Yes go for it vast improvement.
Posted By: soolan Re: BIAB 2014 - 08/22/14 11:40 PM
I agree, it's the best version so far. There is also a tonne of videos on both PG web site and on YouTube. I'm also retired and spend hours a day having fun with BIAB. Enjoy
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB 2014 - 08/22/14 11:52 PM
Band-in-a-Box and RealBand can be somewhat difficult to grasp in the beginning.. I've had several false starts myself and it would surprise me if others have not experienced beginner's blues. However the same can be said about almost any hobby.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to PG Music. The quick answer is there have been many changes from the 2010 edition to 2014. As far as I can tell most forum members seem to consider 2014 to be both significant and worthwhile. From what I remember from the upgrade instructions the 2011 and 2012.5 upgrades were also significent so it's likely you're at least three significent upgrades behind. Sales Support can best advise you in that regard.

Having said that I must mention there's nothing wrong with learning and using what you already have. Several forum members continue to use editions older than yours with excellent results so help is still available through the forum. PG Music support also can answer questions about prior editions..

Cost is normally a consideration. PG Music "normally" releases new editions (for Windows computers) in December and offers tremendous discounts. All I'm suggesting is why not learn what you have until then.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: BIAB 2014 - 08/23/14 03:39 AM
Jim is right! The incredible deals come around December 1. So, wait three months, learn what you have and upgrade when the price is right!
Posted By: soolan Re: BIAB 2014 - 08/23/14 02:06 PM
If and when you do upgrade, I found the printed manual to be worth every cent ($10+$5). It's laid out in a very logical step by step (much easier than hunt and peck using the Help menu).

Good luck and hope you do upgrade.
Reminder: about the videos, check them out.
Posted By: Flatfoot Re: BIAB 2014 - 08/23/14 03:03 PM
I would say that the cost of upgrading is totally worth it. On the other hand, if you are still learning, there is no need to rush. There is an awful lot to learn in V10, and everything you learn will still be there when and if you move to the latest version. No harm in waiting.
© PG Music Forums