PG Music Home
Posted By: princeplanet how to assign patch changes - 08/24/14 04:50 AM
I can't work out how to change midi patch sounds to my melody track.

Also is there a way to write in tempo changes to the entire track at specific points? Key changes? Thanks.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: how to assign patch changes - 08/24/14 05:48 AM
I don't know how it's done on the Mac version but, on the PC version, I would click on the chord sheet bar where I want the change to happen and then press F5. Alternatively, I could right-click on the bar and then select "Bar Settings".

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: how to assign patch changes - 08/24/14 08:10 AM
Yes, F5 Bar Settings for the tempo and/or key changes where desired.

For the patch change, are you setting the initial patch, or changing it? And if it's the initial patch, are you running BIAB version 2014? Are you trying to use a RealTrack sound for your melody? You can't do that yet. If it's MIDI, what are you using for sound: a software synth, or a hardware synth? Which one? With answers to these questions, we can give you step-by-step instructions.
Posted By: princeplanet Re: how to assign patch changes - 08/24/14 04:28 PM
Hi, 2014 for Mac, standard Midi patch (trumpet, sax gtr or piano).
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: how to assign patch changes - 08/24/14 04:45 PM
Thanks. I suggest posting this question in the BIAB for Mac forum, the one right below this one in the list of available forums. As Noel mentioned, we may not do things the same way with the PC version, and I'm reluctant to give advice I can't test first.

If you don't get a timely answer, give PG Music a call. Their support is really good.
© PG Music Forums