PG Music Home
Posted By: stevenb click count in - 09/19/14 05:27 AM
I have read a hundred post on countins and cannot figure this out. I have a drum fill countin that I want to get rid of and replace with 4 simple clicks. No matter what I do in the metronome preferences nothing changes. Anything I can try?
Thanks
Posted By: Noel96 Re: click count in - 09/19/14 06:08 AM
Hi Steven,

Welcome to the forums.

Try the following ...

1. Open Preferences (#1) and click on Count-in/Met (#2). (The numbers refer to the below image.)

2. Make sure that "Allow lead-in bars" is active (#3).

3. Click on the drop-down 'Lead-in type' drop-down arrow (#4) and select "Count-in".

4. Click on the drop-down 'Instrument' arrow (#5) and select "Side Stick (37).

5. Click on the 'Pattern' drop-down arrow (#6) and select 1-3- 1234

6. The above will provide a two-bar count-in. If just a single bar is required, activate the "1 Bar Lead-in" option (#7).

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: stevenb Re: click count i - 09/19/14 07:27 PM
Thanks Noel for your reply. My settings are exactly like you posted. I get a drum countin with a fill. This is for a song I have saved and opened. If I create a new song I get the clicks - which is what I want. Have I changed something in "settings for this song"
Steve
Posted By: Noel96 Re: click count i - 09/19/14 11:38 PM
Hi Steve,

There are a couple of possibilities that spring to mind that might stop the clicks from working.

1. The Drum track is frozen. If this is the case, simply unfreeze the Drum track, regenerate it and re-freeze it.

2. Another possibility is that the song was rendered when you had a fill as your lead-in. If this is the case, the clicks may be playing but they would be overlaid with the rendered song. To check this, go to the Audio track, left click and see if it's possible to mute the audio.

If muting the audio solves the problem, then it's possible to use the "Kill audio" option to remove the rendered file.

Let me know how you go.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: stevenb Re: click count i - 09/20/14 02:48 AM
Noel

Muting the audio worked. Thanks!

I have some other "challenges" to discuss but they will have to wait. I will be out of town for a week but will have the 600 page manual with me.

Anyway thanks again for your help.

Steve
Posted By: DrDan Re: click count i - 09/20/14 12:18 PM
Originally Posted By: stevenb
Muting the audio worked. Thanks!

This factoid catches newbees too often. crazy
© PG Music Forums