PG Music Home
Posted By: wooliewillie changing the drum track to conga - 09/20/14 12:46 PM
I put together a song (Julia by the BeatleS), and entered it using the bossanew style. I would like to try to model it to the instruments in my actual band. We have a guitar, bass, conga, and tenor sax. I know how to mute out the piano and the strings, but how do I change the bossa brushes to conga instead and add in a sax? I haven't entered the melody and realize that is an issue with the sax. In the actual band I play a nylon string guitar in bossa style (alternating bass). Is the guitar already set to that or is there a way to set it that way?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: changing the drum track to conga - 09/20/14 01:36 PM
Hi Willie,

Regarding the drums ...

I'm assuming that you have all Realdrums in relation to the following suggestion.

1. Right click on the "Drums" label for the Drum Track (#1).

2. From the menu that pops up, select "Realdrums in style" (#2)

3. When the Realdrum picker opens, scroll down until you find "BossaRockPerc^" (#1). Single click on this. Glance over to the right side of the monitor and you'll see a list of variations for these particular drums. Variation number 2 "Congas" (#2 on the image below) might do the job for you.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: changing the drum track to conga - 09/20/14 01:54 PM
In relation to your question about the guitar ...

If the guitar sound you are using is one of the Realtrack guitars, there is no way to change what you get. Realtracks are audio recordings and, because of this, it's not possible to change the notes on an individual basis.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: wooliewillie Re: changing the drum track to conga - 09/20/14 02:00 PM
thx
© PG Music Forums