PG Music Home
In Song Settings, the mouse-hover help over "Use 4 bar ending for RealTracks" says "...Not all RealTracks have these endings yet. Check with pgmusic.com for free updates to get more".

Obviously, I can load up a style that seems appropriate, then Generate & Play, but it would be helpful if I could see which styles wouldn't produce a tidy 4-bar ending without having an extensive trial-and-error session.
Hi Michael,

I might be wrong, but I seem to recall that the 4-bar endings were introduced so that the Realtrack sound could fade away after the last note was played.

If I recall correctly, at one point in time there was an issue regarding sustained notes in the ending being chopped off and 4 bar endings were introduced to correct this. I don't think that these endings have instrumental variations that extend over 4 bars.

I'm sure that others will jump in an correct me if I'm wrong smile

Regards,
Noel
They all have 4 bar endings now. If you are hearing any with a 2 bar ending, let us know.

Note that a 4 bar ending for us is typically 2 bars with a sustaining last chord that sustains for another 2 bars until its faded away, making the whole thing 4 bars. Of course you can write a tag ending with any chord progression to make your endings as long as you want, this just refers to the last chord.
Yep.... I've done some "custom" endings by NOT using the BB default endings and making my own..... and the purpose was for that fade.

I simply added 8 measures to the end of the song.... and let my last chord hold.

You can either remove the default 2 bar ending or simply trim it later.
It is just RealDrums that at the moment are limited to 2 bar endings.
Thanks, Peter.

A couple of years ago, I put together backing tracks for a few dozen songs which are part of the repertoire of a trio I play with, and used them for practice but also as insurance against our keyboard player being unable to turn up (or turning up, setting up his gear, and then going straight home feeling unwell, as he did on one memorable occasion!).

These were all set up without tags and without starting the ending two bars early, but generating a two-bar ending and using a 4 bar ending for RealTracks, and all ended in an orderly manner.

I've been working on adding a few more tracks to this repertoire, and although I use the same settings, the ending comes out as a turn-around and then stops abruptly (just like a real band, when the rhythm section hasn't realised the final head has been played!).

The songs I'm working on were originally entered through a very old version of BIAB, probably > 10 years ago, and I wonder if this is why I'm having problems.

Knowing that all RealTracks can now handle four-bar endings, I'll investigate further and report back.
I've just realised what the problem was - the song I was editing had all parts frozen.

Once I'd thawed them out, the RealTracks ending worked like a charm.

Sorry to have wasted your time, everybody!
Thanks for providing the solution.
Yes, thanks for sharing the solution.

This situation fooled me more than once as well, when I loaded a song I hadn't used in a few days or more and forgot tracks were frozen. It's like reading music: first thing, check the key signature; in BIAB, look for snowflakes.

Brainstorming: I wonder if one of those yellow caution boxes in the upper right-hand corner would be helpful to alert folks that there is a frozen track in the song just loaded?
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Yes, thanks for sharing the solution.

Brainstorming: I wonder if one of those yellow caution boxes in the upper right-hand corner would be helpful to alert folks that there is a frozen track in the song just loaded?

A big +1 from me on that, Matt.
Ian
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

Great idea Matt. Will you put it in the Wishlist section?
Originally Posted By: foxylady
I've just realised what the problem was - the song I was editing had all parts frozen.

Once I'd thawed them out, the RealTracks ending worked like a charm.

Sorry to have wasted your time, everybody!

Doh..... (face palm)...... sigh.......
© PG Music Forums