PG Music Home
Posted By: John F Run on - 10/13/14 02:59 AM
At the end of my song, I set for a 2 bar ending with the first bar on the final chord and the 2nd bar as a hold. No matter how I configure it, the drums still run on for the next bar, even though the song has reached the desired end. What am I doing wrong?
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Run on - 10/13/14 03:13 AM
Click on Song Settings, to the right of the title bar. Try clicking or unclicking the appropriate boxes. Later, Ray
Posted By: John F Re: Run on - 10/14/14 02:39 AM
Been there, done that. I'm not sure, but it seems to be somehow tied to styles with Real Tracks. It just doesn't stop when it's supposed to. Any other ideas?
Posted By: raymb1 Re: Run on - 10/14/14 04:09 AM
I use only Real Tracks and don't have any run on problems. Are your start and end bar numbers set correctly? Maybe a Return to Factory Settings might fix the run on. Ray

Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Run on - 10/14/14 04:52 AM
Add a bar after the bar the drums are supposed to end and hit f5 and mute the drums.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Run on - 10/14/14 11:26 AM
Hi John,

This problem sounds like it would be much easier to try and solve if I could work with the song file. If you like, email me your sgu/mgu file. I'm happy to have a look at it and see if I can fix the issue. If I'm successful, I'll then let you know what I did.

I appreciate that you might not want to send the file to me. That's fine. Should you decide to send it, though, you will find my email address under "View profile" if you click on "Noel96" in the left column beside this post.

Kind regards,
Noel
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Run on - 10/14/14 12:21 PM
I don't know for sure... But, I don't think you can edit the 2 bar endings. I have tried a few times to get them to do certain things and they never do what I want.

PG made the 2 & 4 bar default endings since they will easily fit most of the common song ending that people may want to use. But, there's always the exceptions, and the default ending will not work in those cases.

So.... you can always turn the 2 or 4 bar ending off and make your own ending. Just turn the ending off and then add a number of additional measures/bars to the end of the song.

Use the part markers and holds on instruments to do exactly what you want to get your exact, perfect, ending.

I have used this method several times. It works great and really doesn't take very long to set up, because we all know, that one size doesn't fit all.
Posted By: rharv Re: Run on - 10/14/14 11:01 PM
The drums are playing the two bar ending.

It sounds like you may want the drums to hit a cymbal or hi hat or something and just stop after that (letting the cymbal ring with the hold).

This type of work is much better accomplished in Realband.
Posted By: John F Re: Run on - 10/25/14 03:44 AM
The problem has been solved thanks to the expert advice of Noel96. For the benefit of those who may experience the same problem, the solution is to go to Options--Return to Factory Settings. Click the top option first. If you need to, go to the 2nd option but you will need to reset your midi drivers if you use this one. Thanks again to Noel96 for his patience thru many attempted solutions.
© PG Music Forums