PG Music Home
Hi friends,
I am now using Sfz.dll to play a GM soundfont for BIAB playback and it sounds great.

The main problem is, if a song has two Styles, when the song gets to the style change, BIAB does not resend Bank 128. It just sends the patch number.

So for a style change that goes to a Room kit, the drums change to Celeste instrument but not patch 9 of Bank 128 which it should be.

How do I configure BIAB to resend Bank 128 to channel 10 on a Style change mid way through a song?

Alternatively, is there are a solution so that BIAB can lock in Bank 128 for Channel 10 and never change it while BIAB is running?

If anybody can suggest steps to resolve this problem I would really appreciate it!
Thanks! Davyjazz
http://www.pgmusic.com/techfaq35.htm#41
You can try 'Save with Patches' once you get it set up.

Easiest way is to put the all drums you want into the one bank.

Hi Rharv,

Thanks for your help with this!

I understand about accessing the higher banks, but I was wondering if there was a way to ensure BIAB always resends the Bank and Patch numbers when it changes a Style mid-song?

Can I confirm that I have this correct:

Under Opt. > Preferences > Midi Options > Channels
Do I need to set Bank0 to 127? (as it doesn't accept 128 and the values are 0-127 anyway)?

Under Opt > Midi-Audio Driver setup > VST/DXi settings
I am using Sfz.dll vst plugin with a general midi soundfont.
Does it help to preset to "Save Bank" and "Save Preset" to ensure channel 10 stays on Bank 128, or is this controlled in another part of BIAB?

Thanks so much again!
Kind regards, Davyjazz
0-127 used to be referred to as the Yamaha range, 1 -128 is more of a 'Roland' range.
There is a way to set the Patch Select dialogue so these numbers change, but can't tell you the exact patch right now. In the MIDI settings somewhere.

As for the Save Bank/Preset feature .. I think that saves it for the synth but not the song. From what I read in the FAQ BiaB is going to set it on you when styles change (probably so they 'fit'). I think the workaround described was to turn off Patch changes for that channel, which is not a good solution to your question.
What I was suggesting was to rearrange the drum banks/patches in the synth itself so when BiaB changes it to Patch 9 (and the bank changes to 0) the patch you want is on bank 0 instead of bank whatever.

Outsmart it from the synth side of things; that's what I was suggesting.
© PG Music Forums