PG Music Home
We recently had a power outage while I was working on a song in BIAB. The computer lost power & shut down while I was working on the song. Now, when I try to change instruments on a track (bass, drums, guitar, etc) I get this message:

Access violation at address 00BE2C63 in 'module bbw.exe'. Read of address 000001B0 at: 00BE3C63'.

I cannot replace any instruments on any song. I'm stuck with whatever happens to be there. I cannot replace midi's with RT's, etc. I can change chords, timing, tempo, etc. ... just can't introduce new instruments.

I tried restarting the program ... no help. I rebooted the computer ... no help. I cannot modify anything, as far as instrument patches goes. Makes no difference if it's midi or RTs. I am stuck with what loads and cannot modify the instruments. I'm not a computer geek, but it looks to me as thought the bbw.exe file got corrupted when the computer shut down in the power outage.

Anybody know what I can do, if anything, to remedy this problem?

PS: Using BIAB 2014 which I purchased in December of 2013. Windows 7, 64 Bit.

Thanks in advance.

Alan
It sounds like your exe file got corrupted during that power outage. You may have to uninstall BiaB then reinstall it. I would wait until others chime is as they may have some better ideas.

Ps - this is the main reason I have an uninterrupted power supply on all of my computers : http://www.apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=13

I have small ones on my son and wife's computers and I have a larger on for all of my music stuff and my computers. When there is a brown out and/or the power goes off I have about 20 minutes to safely power down. My Internet computer is on all day so that one has the software to shut itself off went the battery gets low. The software comes with the APC. I strongly suggest that everyone use an UPS. As a plus APCs also have a firewall in them.

Edit afterthought: I hope your HD didn't get damaged. If everything else is running fine you might want to run the Windows disk error checking program.
Hi Al,

This is the what I'd try ...

Go to the \BB directory and rename the files "intrface.bbw" and "mysetup.dk" to something like "intrface.old" and "mysetup.old".

Renaming these files will force BIAB to create new ones when the program starts. It may well be that these are the files that became corrupted.

Note: you'll be prompted to setup your audio/midi drivers when BIAB starts up. Should it turn out that renaming the above does not solve the problem, they can always be renamed back to their original names.

Lastly, if you're searching for "intrface.bbw" and cannot find it, it might be that you're looking for the wrong file. There is no "e" after the "t". (That one tricked me the first time around!)

Hope this helps,
Noel

P.S. If the above doesn't do the job, contact PG Music. Different ways of getting in touch with them are listed under the "Support" tab at the top of the web page.
If Noel's suggestions don't find success the next thing I'd thing I'd try is to copy bbw.exe (from the same version of BiaB) into the BB folder you are running it from (rename the old one to keep it safe) preferably load one from the install media.

If that didn't work I'd put the original file back in and get rid of the copy. You'd have eliminated corruption of that file.

Next is whether the location is the same every time. The location may tell Support where the problem lies ..
It does point to BiaB as the executable.
Thanks Everyone ...

I may resolved the problem with the help your suggestions. I saved all the songs that I was working on as files in a desktop folder. I then deleted the BIAB program from my "C" hard drive and reloaded it from the USB hard drive it came on. I loaded the basic program onto the "C" drive but left all the tracks on the USB drive. So far so good!

Thanks to all of you who had suggestions for me. Much appreciated! Best to all of you ...

Alan
© PG Music Forums