PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel BIAB 2015?? - 10/29/14 05:41 PM
8 weeks from now I expect that BIAB 2015 will drop down our virtual chimneys. Mine anyway grin
I'm already wondering what new Goodies it will have, how many new RTs there will be and will they be useful to me, how much attention PG will have paid to the Wish list section, and how much of it will never get used. (I'm thinking Fretlight here), and whether RB will become user friendly - lol!
Santa, here I am!! grin whistle

Edit - question marks added. Lol!

Posted By: seeker Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/29/14 06:09 PM
sixchannel,

Your posting title made my heart skip a couple of beats.
I'd make a guess Dec 5th or 6th.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/29/14 07:36 PM
Hi Ian

PGM added Fretlight support of some sort in Version 2014 Build 385 (Sept 25, 2014)

There's information on the Support Page

There's also a video tutorial

Has Santa come early, or was your thinking that Fretlight will never get used?

Trevor
Posted By: sixchannel Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/29/14 07:49 PM
Hi Trevor
No it hasn't come early. I wish!
The comment about Fretlight was personal whimsy on why PG should have ever have thought it worthy of inclusion - and EVERYONE including pianists, horn players, etc paying for it. Every time I see the video tute it reminds me of an April 1st Spoof. If it looks like a joke, its a joke. Right? How many Fretlight guitars are there out there that would make it important to load BIAB with it?
Hi Frank - sorry to scare you. Maybe I should have put a Question mark in the title. I have now. smile
Ian
Posted By: Jeff S Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/30/14 04:59 PM
I was wondering how long before someone started this thread. Happens every year. I was curious as to when PG Music might announce the 2015 version so I checked the release date last year. They announced on November 30 so you have about 4 weeks to go. No doubt this thread will expand and expound on what could be, what should be and what will be but it's all just speculation.

4 weeks isn't that long to wait unless of course PG Music skips the 2015 release. They did after all skip the .5 version so you never know. After all these years of development and 50 new features on every release perhaps there is not much more than they can add without a major rewrite to 64 bit. I'm sure there will be some tweaks and new real tracks/Super midi tracks but what fancy features could we hope for? More real drum control maybe? Guess we will know in 4 weeks...........
Posted By: rodipoet Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/30/14 05:35 PM
I read somewhere on this forum about new string realtracks smile
That wil be a nice incentive for me to go for an upgrade.......
Posted By: smallchamber Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/31/14 11:01 AM
Yeeha!
The yearly update-speculation-thread is back!

For me it would be good enough to have more RT´s. But you never know. Maybe there is a new feature in BiaB 2015, I missed my whole life (without even knowing)...

SC
Posted By: Ryszard Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/31/14 11:45 AM
Rewire for BIAB and RB.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/31/14 02:15 PM
I'll settle for just fixing what we have; getting UserTracks to work right, user manual for 2014 RealBand, etc.

Really, maybe it's time to slowdown with adding new features and make what we have more stable and consistent. Look through the forum postings and you'll see there has been a goodly number of inconsistencies noted, multiple unresolved support issues.

I feel confident that sometime in the future there will be made from scratch, completely new from the ground up, 64 bit versions of BiaB and RealBand. I think its more a question of when, not if. The trouble is, new software will come complete with a new set of issues that will require a lot of attention to identify and resolve. The new kid on the block always gets more attention. Meanwhile, the current 32 bit based software, and all the existing known issues, will not receive the attention needed.

So I say, we know its coming and we know it's just a matter of time so why not essentially suspend adding features to the 32 bit softwares and concentrate on making them the most stable and error free 32 bit versions possible.
Posted By: malevans Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/31/14 02:39 PM
A whopping, ginormous humungous YES to that JimFogle.

It is so tedious working in a 32 bit environment. BB is the only 32 bit software on my system, though I need it and appreciate it.

Please ...... come the day when we may all be able to work with 64 bit BB and RB.

+++++++'s
Posted By: Dave Re: BIAB 2015 - 10/31/14 05:44 PM
I am hoping that there is something new for notation. We've been stuck with the current print function for YEARS. It definitely needs an overhaul, or better an interface to an existing print program. Don't waste time trying to fix the old. You haven't been able to do it so far, so think of working with a partner (say Finale, since you endorse it on the website) and get us into the 21st century
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/01/14 04:53 PM
I will probably upgrade this year (I have 2014 ultrapaK) but only if its the same upgrade price for download of $99, don't need any hard drives with the higher price and taxes to deliver to UK, money is tight here at the moment.

I can see a few features added such as ability to move large mixer and add/remove buttons, probably a few extra notation features and the 101 realtracks.

I don't really expect any 64 bit for those that want it, I am on 32 bit windows myself. I think that PGmusic is a small company, the people that have been coding the software have been doing so for years, and it would be a massive and highly expensive job to bring everything up to 64 bit.

But hey I would think that most of us are happy enough with the 32 bit biab anyways.

Just my thoughts.
Musiclover
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/01/14 08:43 PM
Musiclover,

I agree. Even when 64 bit is available I most likely won't need it as my operating system is 32 bit. That's why I'd dearly love to have as many issues resolved in the current softwares as possible.
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/04/14 11:26 AM
I have Capex approval from the wife!

I wonder what they have in store for us?
I am really hoping for some VERY nice new RT's.

My songs are being to sound sort of the same over here.......
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/05/14 02:43 AM
Every year I think "What more can PG add?"
But they never fail to impress.
I'm thinking that if a new version will be released the beta testers will be working hard at the moment.

I wonder if Mac is involved, seeing he is having a break from BIAB.
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/05/14 09:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Keith from Oz
Every year I think "What more can PG add?"
But they never fail to impress.
I'm thinking that if a new version will be released the beta testers will be working hard at the moment.

I wonder if Mac is involved, seeing he is having a break from BIAB.

I'm sure he is, as well as the other big M namely Matt, probably John (Jford) and personally I would hope Noel as well, that guy can sure iron out problems with biab, Maybe even Rharv he will always get the blame if any bugs go undiscovered smile

But always remember don't ask these guys anything about if when or where about beta testing.

Its a Top-Secret job and no comment is the order of the day.

Like everyone else I'm looking forward to biab 2015 release.

Musiclover

Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/06/14 12:02 AM
I've heard references to beta testing can cause a post to be removed, so I dunno nothing.

That said, my sources tell me the scheduled 'announce' day is the second Tuesday of next week. Beta Testers will be invited the second Tuesday of the same week the month prior. All this is conjecture of course.

/the above was meant to be comedy, cause like I said, I don't know nothing
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/06/14 03:38 AM
RHarv - That's starting to sound like playing Fizzbin to me...

(Trekkies will get the reference)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/06/14 03:40 AM
A royal Fizzbin. On Tuesday.

But I don't know nothin' either.
Posted By: Cerio Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/06/14 06:49 AM
Originally Posted By: JimFogle
Really, maybe it's time to slowdown with adding new features and make what we have more stable and consistent. Look through the forum postings and you'll see there has been a goodly number of inconsistencies noted, multiple unresolved support issues.

I absolutely agree
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/07/14 05:31 PM
Whhuuut??

Bob
Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/07/14 07:30 PM
Hey guys, I am sitting in a bar in western Canada and there is a guy at the end of the bar - looks like he's been here all night. Well, he claims BIAB 2015 will be released next Tuesday with 50 new features. Also something about a realtrack cowbell! grin
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/09/14 12:54 PM
I was just getting ready to start my annual "new release speculation" thread, and DANG if it ain't already here! Good job Ian!

In a world of infinite possibilities, we can speculate ourselves into a guaranteed state of dissatisfaction since its certain that we will think up things that don't get added, then feel disappointed. So this year, I'm just gonna sit back and wait to see what's new. I'm always surprised in a good way.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/09/14 12:58 PM
as far as speculation goes, I was kinda hoping that the recent forum down time might be related to preparing for the massive downloads that are (hopefully) soon to begin.

wink

I'm especially excited about this year's release, because I just retired, and I'll have all the time I want to play with it!
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/09/14 02:50 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
I've heard references to beta testing can cause a post to be removed, so I dunno nothing.

That said, my sources tell me the scheduled 'announce' day is the second Tuesday of next week. Beta Testers will be invited the second Tuesday of the same week the month prior. All this is conjecture of course.

/the above was meant to be comedy, cause like I said, I don't know nothing

Beta was mentioned on 11/5 at 7PM
11/7 the Forum disappeared .. coincidence?
/straightens tinfoil cap
Posted By: MarioD Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/09/14 04:09 PM
I heard from very reliable sources, well maybe reliable sources that BiaB 2015 is going to run exclusively on an Atari ST 4. That means they are dropping the PC versions and concentrating on the more stable Atari system.

Details at 11:00..................................ducking and running for cover.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/09/14 04:12 PM
um.. where can I buy one o' them there tinfoil caps?
you know... just as a novelty, nothing more..

(pencil ready to write down the store name or URL)
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/09/14 05:30 PM
I got mine at www.justbecauseyouareparanoiddoesnotmeantheyarenotouttogetyou.com/

The sale ended when the site went down.

/site doesn't exist at time of publish so don't bother clicking
//I told you!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/09/14 06:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Bob, You. Ain't. Right.

Please never change

BTW, the sentiments expressed in your made-up URL ring true with my observations on life.
Posted By: earl kirby Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/10/14 04:27 AM
HE he I say no more upgrades for me. I have everything I need and more. don't use what I have. But then again I say that every year don't I? I guess I'd better squirrel away a few dollars cause Peter and gang are sure to entice mw with something.
Posted By: Petimar Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/10/14 05:16 AM
Use a real scoring program to do your scores. It will save a lot of headaches (usually, but they have their issues as well).
Posted By: LtKojak Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/10/14 03:38 PM
I'm patiently but eagerly waiting for only ONE feature for the 2015 version of BIAB: 64-bit.

That's it! Period. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no mo'!

wink
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/10/14 04:52 PM
I'd be happy if only RB was 64 bit, since that's the part of my production cycle when I need more available memory for plugins.

When using BIAB I'm more interested in features that speed up the process of capturing the basic idea before I forget it.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/10/14 11:48 PM
straightens tinfoil cap

Tinfoil?? That's so...60's. The Roswell aliens explained how tinfoil was a myth designed to lull unsuspecting Earthlings into believing that would help them. You know, wear your tinfoil and then you believe you can think freely. No, the real deal is titanium with little zeta ray slots that circle your ears. It's those slots that create the interference. More expensive but very effective.

Oh man, very important. Don't forget the palm leaf.

Bob
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/11/14 01:52 AM
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
straightens tinfoil cap

Tinfoil?? That's so...60's. The Roswell aliens explained how tinfoil was a myth designed to lull unsuspecting Earthlings into believing that would help them. You know, wear your tinfoil and then you believe you can think freely. No, the real deal is titanium with little zeta ray slots that circle your ears. It's those slots that create the interference. More expensive but very effective.

Oh man, very important. Don't forget the palm leaf.

Bob

You're from California, aren't you?
;-)

Yup!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/11/14 03:38 AM
Ok, it's official now you guys have gotten me pumped up!

later,
Posted By: malevans Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/11/14 12:18 PM
Originally Posted By: LtKojak
I'm patiently but eagerly waiting for only ONE feature for the 2015 version of BIAB: 64-bit.

wink

Yes indeed.

I have to reply of course. I'm tired of all the comments that 32 bit software is all that is needed by most people. That simply is not the case.

My opinion is that 64 bit is needed .... It isn't a NEW idea. It is long overdue and is the only logical progression for Band In A Box and Real Band.

The reasons for going ahead far outweigh the excuses for not going ahead with this much needed improvement.

Mal tired cry frown
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/11/14 01:34 PM
Originally Posted By: malevans

wink

Yes indeed.

I have to reply of course. I'm tired of all the comments that 32 bit software is all that is needed by most people. That simply is not the case.

My opinion is that 64 bit is needed .... It isn't a NEW idea. It is long overdue and is the only logical progression for Band In A Box and Real Band.

The reasons for going ahead far outweigh the excuses for not going ahead with this much needed improvement.

Mal tired cry frown

Of course you are right, 64 bit would help people like yourself and others in same position a lot, though I have 32 bit at the moment obviously down the road 64 bit is the way to go.

Who knows maybe because PG has stopped the mid year upgrades they are busy burning the midnight oil creating 64 bit band in a box.

I can see the header on the website now Band in a box 2015 now totally 64 bit.

Who knows,

Anyone clever enough to get one of the beta testers to let something slip.

hey Rharv ....working on any 64 bit applications these days?

smile

Musiclover
Posted By: Blues1952 Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/11/14 03:55 PM
As much as I, too, want a 64 bit BIAB my most fervent wish is for a more stable BIAB at any pit depth. Would creating a 64 bit version introduce new stability issues?

Other than that, I can't wait to spend my money as I do every year (or half year). I love every new version.
Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/11/14 03:56 PM
You guys are working your selves into a frenzy with all this wild speculation. You're setting yourselves up for a big letdown. Anyway, the guy at the end of the told me no 64bit.

BIAB 2015 will have 50 new features, like it always does, so just sit back, wait and enjoy when it comes out. crazy
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/11/14 04:12 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmandan
You guys are working your selves into a frenzy with all this wild speculation. You're setting yourselves up for a big letdown. Anyway, the guy at the end of the told me no 64bit.

BIAB 2015 will have 50 new features, like it always does, so just sit back, wait and enjoy when it comes out. crazy

Well although 64 bit is much desired by some on here I do have to agree with Dan here,

as he says 50 new features (hopefully some of them will be movable mixer window add/remove buttons for icons)
101 new realtracks,
some new loops
maybe a new synth that is currently available free somewhere,
release date probably December 1st, and closely followed by a few bug fix updates.

I feel little will change from previous years, though saying that really looking forward to this years release.

Musiclover
Posted By: LtKojak Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/11/14 04:27 PM
You guys are working your selves into a frenzy with all this wild speculation. You're setting yourselves up for a big letdown

No frenzy, no letdown.

To wildly speculate on the next release it's been a tradition of BIAB users since...forever?

At least in my case, it's just a case of "one can dream, isn't it"?

I'd say realx, and enjoy the fun! wink

Speculatively yours,
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/11/14 11:32 PM
I'm thinking 64 bit will be too big of a task for the near-term. But I am gonna be happy to pony up my $$$ for whatever new features they come up with and a bunch of new RealTracks (more Uke please!) I'd love some Taylor Swift styles and maybe some Florida Georgia Line styles too! laugh
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/12/14 12:56 AM
Originally Posted By: musiclover

hey Rharv ....working on any 64 bit applications these days?

smile

Musiclover

I said it before, I'll say it again; I know nothing.
Maybe they didn't invite me this year, I can be kinda ornery sometimes.
Or maybe there are no more new versions. Maybe, just maybe, RB/BiaB have reached their culmination for PG's vision. (the horror!!)

naah .. who am I kidding .. like I said, I'm ornery sometimes.

/now get off my lawn!
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/12/14 07:21 AM
Rharv just want to sit quietly in his basement wearing his Spider-Man Jammie's, and play angry birds on his iPhone while playing a rowdy game of mine craft on his laptop. Eat yer fruity pebbles Bobby!
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 03:34 AM
??!

/FTR I don't have an iPhone
Posted By: receder Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 11:36 AM
I was just about to purchase BIAB 2014 when I spotted this post.

Just wondering whether it's worth hanging on for a possible early December arrival of BIAB 2015.
Also wondered if they would do any special offers for the new version.
Does anyone know if they have they have done this for previous versions?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 11:57 AM
Hi receder,

Historically, it's early in December when new versions are released. There's never any guarantee that this will happen but, as I said, history suggests it's likely smile

Over the years I've noticed a couple of times that people who made a purchase, prior to a new release, had their purchase upgraded provided it was within 30 days of having bought BIAB/RB.

Why not drop sales@pgmusic.com an email and ask about company policy in relation to this. They're a great company to deal with!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: receder Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 12:17 PM
Thanks for your quick reply Noel96. smile

I have emailed PG Music and will see what they have to say.

receder
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 01:42 PM
Hello Receder,

Although what Noel says is correct if you bought now, PGmusic would probably give you a free upgrade to 2015, the point is you would be paying full price now whereas if you hold off for a few weeks then you will literally save hundreds of dollars (for ultra pak, one of the best version to buy)in the usual annual sale in December.

I'm the kind of guy that hates seeing people paying more than they have to ....lol

Musiclover
Posted By: receder Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Hello Receder,

Although what Noel says is correct if you bought now, PGmusic would probably give you a free upgrade to 2015, the point is you would be paying full price now whereas if you hold off for a few weeks then you will literally save hundreds of dollars (for ultra pak, one of the best version to buy)in the usual annual sale in December.

I'm the kind of guy that hates seeing people paying more than they have to ....lol

Musiclover

Hello and thanks Musiclover,

I will certainly wait for a while if I am going to save that much!

I assume you mean the UltraPlusPak which is currently 469 usd or approx. 300 gbp (ouch)?
Approximately what kind of saving are we talking about on that figure?

I had thought of starting with the basic package and then upgrading if I feel the need to. Is that even possible? Unless I am missing something, this page --> http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm doesn't make it clear whether you can upgrade from Pro (2014) to UltraPlusPak (2014) and what the cost would be. It only mentions upgrades from the 2013 version.

I should explain that my intended use of BIAB is to quickly get my own song ideas down before I forget them and to create usable drums/keyboard tracks (I am a guitarist) which can then be exported into my DAW (Sonar X3 Studio).

Thanks again for your help.

Receder
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 07:27 PM
yeah...you should wait 2 or 3 more weeks and see how good the deal is gonna be. you'll almost certainly get a much better price by waiting!
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 08:33 PM
Hi again Receder,

Two other things to bear in mind is,

1 if you are a first time buyer you will pay the top price for the ultra pak (you will probably save at least 100$ in the sale) where as if you are just upgrading from a basic program to the ultra pak its a lot cheaper, more so in the sale. I think its called cross grading or something like that but I am not sure of all the rules involved. The best way to go about saving money is call pg music on the phone, you can find a Freephone number if you search the site.

http://www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Ask them if you were to buy the basic program now, would that entitle you to upgrade to the full program of ultrapak in the sale, and if so try to get that in writing. last years price was $159 dollars in the sale, though they probably won't discuss forthcoming sale prices, upgrade would be 2013 ultrapak or earlier.

2 band in a box ultra pak is probably 80 gb or more, that's why it comes on a hard drive, the downside is getting the drive to the UK will probably cost you near £50 in Vat and handling charges at your end, nothing to do with PG music as they only charge $20 or so for postage. If you had fibre broadband you could download it but I wouln;'t recommend it as a hell of an installation job with all the realtacks etc.

I hope I am not making it sound too difficult for you, if you want the easy way just wait for sale in December.

Musiclover

Posted By: solidrock Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: receder

receder

Love Catweazle !
Posted By: receder Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/13/14 08:21 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions Musiclover.

I am on 100Mb broadband so would be prepared to do the 80Gb download although it might be over a few sessions so I hope PGMusic support resuming. It's a good idea about phoning them re the upgrade. Thanks again.

Hey solidrock, glad I'm not the only one who remembers Catweazle! They don't make TV like that any more frown
Posted By: solidrock Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/14/14 12:24 AM
I hope we go back to the 2015, 2015.5, 2016, 2016.5 . . . releases now Mac is out there, or it might be 2015 Win 2015.5 Mac ?
1 year is too long to wait for new features and fixes ! ! !

Originally Posted By: receder
Hey solidrock, glad I'm not the only one who remembers Catweazle! They don't make TV like that any more frown

That Catweazle Theme is still stuck in my head ! smile
I purchased the Complete Series 1,2 DVD Box on eBay.
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/23/14 07:36 PM
Must be Countdown time now.

smile

Musiclover
Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/23/14 08:19 PM
I don't really want to get everyone over excited, but...

smile
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/23/14 08:35 PM
eight and three quarters ..
smile
Posted By: seeker Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/23/14 08:41 PM
Those numbers put the Release Date on about a Tuesday. grin grin

HMMMMM someone here mentioned Tuesday's several times.... smile laugh grin
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/23/14 08:57 PM
In that same post I said I don't know nothing and I'm sticking with that.
If you don't believe me just ask my wife, she'll tell ya.
Posted By: MarioD Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/23/14 10:25 PM
In that same post I said I don't know nothing and I'm sticking with that.
If you don't believe me just ask my wife, she'll tell ya.

Oh good Lord I think I married her sister wink laugh
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/23/14 11:30 PM
You made the wife and I laugh .. smile

nicely played!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/24/14 04:08 AM
eight...
Posted By: earl kirby Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/26/14 12:29 PM
seven????
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/26/14 12:42 PM
Come on, everyone knows the answer is 42. smile
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/26/14 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
Come on, everyone knows the answer is 42. smile

42 hours,

Wow John as a beta tester you are about to give the game away here, I thought you guys were sworn to secrecy!

smile

Musiclover
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/26/14 05:22 PM
No, 42 is the meaning of life. You can look it up. smile

Oh, you all were counting down... I get it now. I thought you were searching for some greater truth, you know, like 42. smile
Posted By: LtKojak Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/26/14 06:14 PM
No, 42 is the meaning of life

Yes, this is correct and never forget the towel! wink
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/26/14 09:02 PM
so that's where I went wrong ..
Posted By: Danny C. Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 03:01 AM
No, 42 is the meaning of life. You can look it up. smile

Oh, you all were counting down... I get it now. I thought you were searching for some greater truth, you know, like 42. smile

I lost this bet to John before, believe him.

Later,
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 03:50 AM
Cannot WAIT!
Posted By: sixchannel Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 07:46 AM
You just know that there'll be a whole new rack of RTs, possibly RDs too but my one Wish for BIAB2015 is that they've fixed the long, long first time boot up time that happened when BIAB2014 came along.
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 09:27 AM
Although I very much WANT to upgrade this year, one thing that would make me consider NOT upgrading is if there was no way to customise the GUI as regards add/removed icons or maybe even a movable mixer window. This feature is way up there on my wishlist as it is probably on others as well, and has been mentioned numerous times on the forum.

Musiclover
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 09:33 AM
Originally Posted By: sixchannel
You just know that there'll be a whole new rack of RTs, possibly RDs too but my one Wish for BIAB2015 is that they've fixed the long, long first time boot up time that happened when BIAB2014 came along.

I noticed that my antivirus seemed to be scanning biab at startup so I went into settings on antivirus and made an exclusion for biab, seems to have helped.

I am using avast but most all antivirus probably have this in settings to make exclusions.

Musiclover
Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 09:53 AM
For goodness sake, a bunch of musicians who can't keep the count.

Six
Posted By: MarioD Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 11:25 AM
For goodness sake, a bunch of musicians who can't keep the count.

grin grin grin
Any bets they are drummers wink grin
Posted By: malevans Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 03:14 PM
Well, if I were counting down I suppose it would have to be 64. Definately not 32 though.

laugh smile
Posted By: GHinCH Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/27/14 07:02 PM
I doubt that 64bit comes with 2015. But 2016 maybe? Alas, 2016 isn't completely divisible by 64. But it is completely divisible by 32!
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/28/14 09:37 AM
5 and counting,

Main engine start,

Countdown countinues to lift off, of Band In a Box 2015 with its 101 New Realtracks on board to boldly go and bring all musicians to where they have never been before.

smile

Musiclover
Posted By: sixchannel Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/29/14 10:46 AM
Er - is that now a 4?? crazy
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/29/14 11:09 AM
If only it were a 'Fore!' smile
Posted By: sixchannel Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/29/14 01:58 PM
Was for me! Pleasant, mild and sunny day so out to a round of golf. Something to take my mind off Tuesday grin
Ian
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 02:29 PM
Just got some information that says plans for a December release don't exist. As a matter of fact there are no solid plans for any version of 2015. After no 2014.5 it sounds like bad news for PG.
And for us.
WSS
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: Westside Steve
Just got some information that says plans for a December release don't exist. As a matter of fact there are no solid plans for any version of 2015. After no 2014.5 it sounds like bad news for PG.
And for us.
WSS

Where did that info come from Steve?
Usually there are no advance notices from PGM about any forthcoming releases.

Trevor
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 02:40 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
And for us.
WSS

Where did that info come from Steve?
Usually there are no advance notices from PGM about any forthcoming releases.

Trevor

I think Steve is just trying to spoil Christmas for everyone, always has to be one person, you meet them now and again.

Musiclover
Posted By: DrDan Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/29/14 02:41 PM
Heresy

Heresy is any provocative belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs.

Say it ain't so!!! crazy
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/29/14 02:46 PM
The countdown continues!

smile

Musiclover
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/29/14 03:00 PM
Arn't we at 3?
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 03:14 PM
I had a momentary lapse and had forgotten that the password for the site and the forum were different so I emailed support. Also in that query I asked about 2015 and was told that even though they usually release in December there were no plans for a release of 2015.
Make of it what you will fellas.
WSS
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 03:27 PM
I had a momentary lapse and had forgotten that the password for the site and the forum were different so I emailed support. Also in that query I asked about 2015 and was told that even though they usually release in December there were no plans for a release of 2015.
Make of it what you will fellas.
WSS

I though that you would have realised by now Steve that biab 2015 is a TOP SECRET project and not not a word will be uttered by PGmusic until such times as it is released.

Even the beta testers have to do their testing in a sealed room in their home away from prying eyes of their families and even their dogs are not allowed in, just in case an ugly rumour might get out.

smile

Musiclover
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 03:36 PM
Hey I'm just telling you what I heard. Yep it could be subterfuge. I just figured after there was no 2014.5 that there might be something amiss.

Could be they are just trying to avoid that next higher tax bracket.
laugh
WSS
Posted By: rodipoet Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 03:38 PM
The only indication that something is coming is in a thread about new strings realtracks:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=264185#Post264185
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 04:12 PM
And I just got a follow up email assuring me that there would in fact be a 2015 it's just that the release date is up in the air at this time.
IIRC the advance notice to users usually came a bit ahead of the release date.

Carry on.

WSS
Posted By: musiclover Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 04:21 PM
And I just got a follow up email assuring me that there would in fact be a 2015 it's just that the release date is up in the air at this time.
IIRC the advance notice to users usually came a bit ahead of the release date.

Carry on.

WSS

Can't be far away since Matt reckons the countdown is at 3 already.

Not long now to blast off, you can hear the noise of the engines and the anticipation in the air.

Musiclover
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 05:16 PM
2?
Maybe they are waiting for us to finish counting down so they know we're ready ..
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 07:50 PM
"no plans for a release of 2015" and "no plans for a release date of 2015" are two very different things

My Guess is first thing next week...
Posted By: MartinB Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 09:35 PM
NSA would know ...
Posted By: Pete S Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/29/14 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: MartinB
NSA would know ...

Don't be surprised if you hear a knock on your door at 3 AM this morning...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:35 AM
Looks like it's here!!!

Check out http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.htm smile
Posted By: seeker Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:48 AM
Noel,

They are closed... Oh well, bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow...
How are we supposed to sleep on this side of the date-line.

Me thinks there is a lot there..

Thanks from down under.

After the fact of reviewing... UserTracks are and will be part of the new
system. Was relieved to see/read this.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:58 AM

"Countdown to 1, right?" - Clint Eastwood, Space Cowboys.

You will be very pleased with BIAB 2015.
Posted By: CountryTrash Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 03:19 AM
Its here !!!!

I just pulled the trigger!

Early Christmas present for me ..

(Even if its only November here still!)

Now for the wait and the song and dance to get it trhough customs .....
Posted By: seeker Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/30/14 12:58 PM
Ditto on the trigger Pull.

After a lot of years...their online system allowed me to get
my login corrected.

Ultra+pak and $49 bonus +HD ship.
I already have jbridge from another source.
May need update tho.

Just talked with my wife about 30 minutes ago.
She was still in bed.
She is very very weak about getting up.

Said "How about if we don't shop today?"

"Answer YA good idea"
. So methinks today is 2015 day....
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/30/14 01:06 PM
Frank, maybe you could arrange for her to become sick on call at this time every year. Gives you all day to play with BIAB. (kidding!)
Posted By: seeker Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/30/14 01:09 PM
Matt,

Its also a rainy day, and will be for next 5 or 6...
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:05 PM

wink

Yes indeed.

Mal tired cry frown

I have been down the Jbridge route with Cubase. Its a decent app but its not the same as 64 bit, as usual PG has cobbled something together, and bloated the improvements "email songs as attachments". The program needs a rewrite. We are still in the dark ages. I have never got a lot of this program working. For instance the Notation is unuseable as the pages don't scroll properly. I know the notation is 'improved', but will it actually work?
If I could buy the real tracks only I would and would not bother with this update. In fact I don't think I am going to buy it.

64 bit - simple.

Z
Posted By: malevans Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:18 PM
Why anyone would want to use a 64 bit piece of software in a 32 bit environment is beyond all reason. It simply does not make sense.

I have used jBridge for years, only to take advantage of a good vst that was still 32 bit and take advantage of it in a 64 bit environment.

If some of you want to use Sampletank 3 in BB using jBridge it will not work. I've tried and it does not work using jBridge.

No 64 bit Band In A Box this year either ....... makes me rather depressed again.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:34 PM
Mal, I guess it's simply the number of folks who really care about it is pretty small so it's not worth it to spend the considerable resources for a complete rewrite. If and when it hits a tipping point (20-40% maybe?) then they'll do it.

Bob
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:41 PM
Quote:
If some of you want to use Sampletank 3 in BB using jBridge it will not work. I've tried and it does not work using jBridge.

I'm not saying this is true or not, but it's a bit early to judge PGMusic's implementation.

"We’ve added direct support for 64-bit VST plugins (using jBridge available from us for only $10 during the special)"
Note; 'direct support' .. gotta believe something has changed here.
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:41 PM
Mal, you need to make sure you upgrade to jBridge 1.7b2 for it to work with BIAB. Version 1.6 won't work. I don't have ST3 yet, but it works with Kontakt 64-bit and Halion 64-bit.
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:42 PM
Thanks John!
Posted By: malevans Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:52 PM
jBridge 1.65c is the current version.

I know jBridge beta update ( 1.7 beta 3 ) is available, havn't tried it yet.

Are you saying the beta version of jBridge would enable Sampletank 64 bit as a 32 bit in BB? Even if it did, why would anyone want to?
Posted By: malevans Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 02:56 PM
@jazzmammal

Sorry Bob ...... Totally disagree.
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 03:02 PM
jBridge 1.65c is the current version.

I know jBridge beta update ( 1.7 beta 3 ) is available, havn't tried it yet.

Are you saying the beta version of jBridge would enable Sampletank 64 bit as a 32 bit in BB? Even if it did, why would anyone want to?

from JBridge -

"Using inter-process communication mechanisms, it aims to make it possible to run 32bit plugins in 64bit hosts, 64bit plugins in 32bit hosts, or even bridging 32bit plugins to 32bit hosts, allowing to overcome the memory limitations of a single 32bit process, in this last case."

I don't think it enables a 64 bit plugin to run AS a 32 bit, but rather allows bridging a 64 bit plugin to the 32bit app.

I look forward to more reports. John said he can use 64 bit synths in BB. I trust his appraisal.
I'm waiting for the official PGMusic JBridge release to get it from them so I know I have the version they now directly support.
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 03:09 PM
Yes, once I installed the beta version, BIAB loaded the 64-bit VSTi's (after first removing the corresponding 32-bit ones.
Posted By: soolan Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 03:18 PM
Downloading problems?

http://www.pgmusic.com/salesfaq1.htm#downloading_pc

Also from PG:
If you opt to reinstall from downloads, you will first want to delete the corrupted files, clear your browser history and cashed internet files, and then download again from the links below.
Posted By: malevans Re: BIAB 2015?? - 11/30/14 04:07 PM
The point is ......

"For a 32-bit application launched in a 32-bit Windows, the total size of all the data types must not exceed 2 Gbytes. (Actually it is 1.75 Gbytes due to memory requirements of the operating system itself). A 32-bit program compiled with the switch /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:YES can allocate up to 3 Gbytes of memory if the 32-bit Windows is launched with the /3gb switch. The same 32-bit program launched in a 64-bit system can allocate about 4 Gbytes (actually about 3.5 Gbytes)."

You will always be restricted in a 32 bit environment. I have 24 gig of installed physical memory and enjoy using it with as many vst's needed for a production.

So even if 64 bit vst's are used in BB using a bridge, there will still be a memory limitation, therefore, a limitation on the amount of vst's being used.

If my memory serves me well. blush laugh
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 04:12 PM
I have used J bridge since its very inception. Be aware that JBridge uses 'wrapper' technology, this means that you must have two versions of your Dll file, the original and the 'wrapped'. When I first set this up it meant that my plugin folder in Cubase showed two versions of each in the instrument track view, there are workarounds.
Cubase and other programs have all come a long way since then, the original Steinberg bridge was hopeless, but the recent one does a better job. JBridge does a better job of installing.
When I last tried I could hardly open any VST in BIAB, the few I had in 32 bit, simply bounced out of the virtual rack.

I find it worrying that PG will now depend on programming which is not under their control.

There are some nice things in this update, tweaks and some claims for 'new' when the old did it anyway. Geez, a banjo can even be called a banjo - how ground breaking is that! However, the RealTracks alone are worth the price, its so sad to see that PG is still not able to utilise 64 bit tech when its been with us for a long while - Windows became sixty four bit thirteen years ago.

I feel like I am afloat on a raft, some of the raft is composed of old bits of tyres and old machinery, most of the keel, then on the top deck are some cutting edge technologies that can be found nowhere else along with some old stuff covered in dust. Lots of things on the raft are cobbled together, and perform in odd ways, the raft kinda works, well enough to do some basics, and it even support some very fantastic functions, but is it 21 century?

Some of the things in the update are noteworthy the ability to play loops may bring in a new audience - hopefully, if they can live with the rest of the program.

what's it's future if it stays like this... lets say its X

And if it truly meets the challenge of real up to date 64 bit redesign, well I think that sales will go through the roof X+++.

Even so its good to get some really great real tracks - that for me is a big tempter

Z

Posted By: malevans Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 04:18 PM
Like the analogy ZeroZero.
Posted By: solidrock Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 08:07 PM
You could use it in VSTHost 64bit using the LegreeI.dll for VSTi or Legree.dll for VST but the same old PG VST problem it just loops on bar 1 as in EZDrummer EZKeys VisualVox etc...

VSTHost Slavery Suite
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 09:11 PM
ZeroZero,

To put it into perspective, every VSTi you are going to be using with jBridge is out of PGMusic's control.

And from what I understand, this is a partnership with J. You don't have to go through the wrap process to use jbridge. Ounce you've installed it, BIAB let's you just select a 64 bit plugin and it just works.
Posted By: jford Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 09:13 PM
ZeroZero,

To put it into perspective, every VSTi you are going to be using with jBridge is out of PGMusic's control.

And from what I understand, this is a partnership with J. You don't have to go through the wrap process to use jbridge. Ounce you've installed it, BIAB let's you just select a 64 bit plugin and it just works.
Posted By: rharv Re: BIAB 2015 - 11/30/14 09:18 PM
It's like Déjà vu all over again!

smile
Posted By: percy Re: BIAB 2015 - 12/01/14 01:24 AM
Bob,

I can dig it !
You gotta love it !

Percy
Posted By: sixchannel Re: BIAB 2015?? - 12/01/14 02:34 PM
OK, OK - We wuz out by a day!!! grin
Now then - where's my little plastic friend?!
cheers
ian
Posted By: fantasyvn Re: BIAB 2015?? - 12/01/14 04:27 PM
May I ask why there are only 2,300 styles in the announcement?

I thought there are 8,000 styles?
© PG Music Forums