PG Music Home
Posted By: bowlesj Entering a bass line with bass clef - 11/15/14 04:39 PM
Hi, I want to enter a bass line in "editable notation mode" in bass clef only. When it is in both bass and treble clef it keeps putting the notes I enter into the upper portion of the bass clef into the middle clef or treble clef area and putting rests down below which is obviously no good since the bass clef notes keep sounding when the upper notes are playing. I found how to get the lead sheet to show only the bass clef but as soon as I go into "editable notation mode" it gives me both. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks,
John
Posted By: Rachael Re: Entering a bass line with bass clef - 11/17/14 09:58 AM
If you are talking about the entering notes in the bass part, make sure you hit the 'B' button. They shows only the bass clef. Any other part, except guitar, shows both clefs.

If you are working with a multi clef part, such as piano, try changing the 'Clef Split At' value found in the Notation Opt screen.
Posted By: bowlesj Re: Entering a bass line with bass clef - 11/20/14 02:10 PM
Hi Rachael, Sorry for the late response. I am not on here often and forget how to set the thread to automatically get an email response. Its too bad it could not be set to automatic in the profile. Anyway, I will give that a try.

Thanks,
John
Posted By: bowlesj Re: Entering a bass line with bass clef - 01/31/15 09:00 PM
Hi Rachael,

I finally got around to trying your second idea on a different song and it worked.
Here is exactly what I did to be used as notes for myself or anyone else.

• Go to "Editable Notation Mode". You see vertical dash lines splitting the quarter notes into 16ths or triplets.
  • Click the "Opt." button on the far left side in the lowest tool bar area.
  • In the middle column of the "Notation Window Options" you see "Clefs split at".
  • Change the "Clefs split at" value from the default C4 to a value of C3.
  • You still have to click the notes on the bass staff area but the result shows the notes properly for lead sheets.

Thanks again,
John
© PG Music Forums