PG Music Home
Posted By: jt3 help trying something new not working - 11/16/14 12:07 PM
were using biab for live shows. we are thinking of how to go straight from 1 song to the next a few times during the show. we have tried the way built into the program but theres a sec. or so delay. plan b was to put 2 song together. no problem there. the 2 songs have different styles with different real tracks. that worked out fine making changes a bar you want. there must be only so many bars before returning to the 1st style. any thoughts
John
I think there is a 255 bar limitation but you can change styles and tempo between songs using the F5 key to access song settings. There is a |.sty| button. If you loop your melody more than once, be sure you have set your tempo using F5 at the first bar or the first song will stay at the same tempo as the last song before the melody loops back to bar one.

Charlie
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: help trying something new not working - 11/16/14 03:59 PM
John, are you concerned with changing your songs on the fly while you're performing or are you simply hitting play and letting Biab play the song all the way through? If it's the latter consider rendering your songs to wav or mp3 and simply use a tablet or any one of several players for your set. They all have songlist or jukebox features that will do anything you want.

Bob
Posted By: sixchannel Re: help trying something new not working - 11/16/14 05:53 PM
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
John, are you concerned with changing your songs on the fly while you're performing or are you simply hitting play and letting Biab play the song all the way through? If it's the latter consider rendering your songs to wav or mp3 and simply use a tablet or any one of several players for your set. They all have songlist or jukebox features that will do anything you want.

Bob

+1. Just take an Out from your tablet into the Desk and PA.
Put all your songs in the memory and use one of many Media players available on the Playstores to queue them up into your playing order.
Ian
Posted By: jt3 Re: help trying something new not working - 11/20/14 05:29 PM
thanks for your input. I want to stay in biab because were comfortable working out of it. what I did was start over on the song. I got my song arranged to play as I wanted. I then added a tag for the 2nd song. I got both song working now. the one question just so I get this right doing what you said there would be no visual just to keep me in line with the song. I am so spoiled now with biab I have to words come up in the Lrics window so if I get lost a quick look and back on track
thanks again John
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: help trying something new not working - 11/21/14 01:01 PM

jt:

You are correct in that, if you render your songs to .wav or MP3 and use a "standalone" player, there will be NO visible cue like there is when you use BIAB.

There is a workaround.
You can render your song/songs and then pull them back into BIAB through the ACW, setting up the original chords.

The advantage is, your song will always play exactly the way you rendered it AND you will still be able to follow along with the BIAB cursor through the chords.

Beginning a version or 2 ago, BIAB added the capability to use Performance Files (I think that's what they're called). Using them as MP3s saves disk space and perhaps a bit of "loading" time, but I know players who use .wav files this way for performances with no problems.

Good luck!
LLOYD S
© PG Music Forums