PG Music Home
Just got BIAB 2014 Pro and am trying to figure out exactly what I have to start with. In the description of the features, one sees a nice listing of these and one can read and sample what is in the ProRealCombos, Bonus Real Tracks 1 and Midi styles sets 0-3, but there is no info about the rest anywhere.

Is there a listing of what is in:
(1) Midi soloist set 1
(2) Midi melodist set 1
(3) Artist performance set 1

It would be nice to just see this listing without going into the program and clicking on each one to sample it.

It really looks like a nice package. Now to fully understand and be able to make use of it.

Thank you.
Welcome to the forum and to BIAB. I think I remember such a list. Hang in there a bit and let's see if someone knows. If not, you can always call or chat with PG Music Sales.
Artist Performance Set #1: Jazz Swing (Sax, Guitar)
Artist Performance Set #2: Smooth Jazz, Latin (Sax, Guitar,Flute)
Artist Performance Set #3: Celtic (Fiddle)

Set #1 and #3 are included with all upgrades. Set #2 is included with the Bonus 16Pak (and Ultra, Audiophile, and Everything Pak)

Artist Performance Tracks.
We’ve added Performance Tracks - Artists Performances on the Melody track, to showcase the BB RealTracks demos playing along to an artist performing the melody. These are great for listening, or learning-from-the-Pros (since notation/tab shows for the performances).

These performances play the melody (2 choruses), and 2 choruses of solo (first chorus “simple” solo, 2nd chorus advanced.
- With BB 2013, we include 50 Artist Performances
o 20 guitar performances by Oliver Gannon (jazz songs, melodies and 2 choruses of soloing for each song)
o 20 sax, clarinet, flute performances by Jack Stafford. (jazz songs, melodies and 2 choruses of soloing for each song)
o 10 Celtic fiddle tunes, performances by acclaimed fiddler Daniel Lapp
All performance tracks include audio (stretchable to any tempo), notation, on-screen guitar, and guitar tab.

To play the Artist Performance Tracks, open the songs from the c:\bb\Artist Performances folder.
The Artist track can be seen with a purple color on the track name.

Technical Note: A Performance Track can be made by simply making an audio file (WAV, wma) and naming it the same as the song, but with the track name (Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings, Melody, Soloist) added.
e.g. if the song is MySong.mgu, you put a file named MySong Melody.wma in the same folder, and that will be a performance track on the Melody track.
Hi George,

Welcome to the forum.

The Soloists set is for creating MIDI soloists. You'll be able to see what it contains by clicking on the yellow "S" button and scroll through the list.

If you cannot see the yellow "S", click on the arrows (i.e. >>) across to the right of the image above.

When you click on this, you'll get two choices. Choose the one that says "Open Soloist Dialogue". That will take you to the below list.

I've selected "Even 8th notes" so the list will be filtered to show those clearly.

As I said earlier, these are for MIDI and are not the same as the Soloist Realtracks.

Hope this helps,
Noel
© PG Music Forums