PG Music Home
Posted By: Todd12 Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/27/14 11:15 PM
I've taken a look in the FAQ section but my push doesn't seem to behave as it should,

When I try to have a note played a little earlier, and I use the ^ sign, all it seems to do is make the drums go louder/crash in that spot, but it seems to play the notes the same and not any earlier.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm doing dream a little dream, some old version and it has a push

Thanks again!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/27/14 11:53 PM
That sounds like it isn't working right.

Try Opt. menu, Return to Factory Settings. Then exit BIAB and restart it. See if that fixes it.
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/28/14 12:46 AM
will do! Thank you!
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/28/14 11:26 AM
Hi!

I tried the reset but no luck. Such a weird issue!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/28/14 12:47 PM
OK, good you're sticking with it, and reporting back.

This is unlikely, since you just reset to factory default settings, but please check this one thing: in the menu Opt., Preferences, Arrange, there is a checkbox that says Allow Any Pushes. It's five down from the top left. Is that checked? It should be.

If that doesn't help, one step you could take is to post the song, so we can try it. You're new here, so forgive me if you know this:

First, freeze the tracks and save the song. See my post in your other thread about how to freeze/unfreeze; you did it once. Then find a place on the Internet, like Dropbox, where you can upload your song. Finally, provide that link here for us to download it.

And, it always helps if you can tell us about your system:

laptop or desktop

Windows, I assume, but what version?

what version of BIAB? Up to date? Do Help, About and report the build number.

what are you using for sound?

what style is your song using? A few might not allow pushes, though I assume you have an easy swing style for that song, and it should.
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/28/14 06:20 PM
Hi Matt! And thank you, I will try this setting!

I hope to get the last few things cleared up so I can contribute rather than take from this board!

Thanks again,
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/29/14 04:17 PM
Hi all, and Matt!

I tried Options/Prefs and ensuring allow push on but no luck,

I really need to figure this out so i thought I'd follow Matts instruction and post it here:

My issues are:

i cannot get the program to switch notes on the offbeat. The push seems to have no affect.

the only thing it affects is the drums which seem to crash on the offbeat or something, but its too much and too loud!

** My example included is SO SIMPLE. When I play the attached file it only changes notes on the 1,2,3 or 4. No matter what push I insert

Thanks for all everyone

Matt's suggestions:

First, freeze the tracks and save the song. See my post in your other thread about how to freeze/unfreeze; you did it once. Then find a place on the Internet, like Dropbox, where you can upload your song. Finally, provide that link here for us to download it.

File is here:

http://www.filedropper.com/help_3

And, it always helps if you can tell us about your system:

laptop or desktop

It is Windows and a laptop.

Windows, I assume, but what version?

Windows 7

what version of BIAB? Up to date? Do Help, About and report the build number.

It is version 2014 build 384

what are you using for sound?

audio interface to amp

what style is your song using? A few might not allow pushes, though I assume you have an easy swing style for that song, and it should.

Yes, DIXIEL2.STY (doing dream a little dream)
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/29/14 04:29 PM
Even if someone could send me a file that shows a change that's not on the 1,2,3, or 4 that would be great!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/29/14 04:45 PM
Tried to download. that site looks like a mess of "adware". I tried to download help_3, but nothing happened. And nothing else looked like it was safe to download from that site. Is that the best you can find? Maybe its just me.

May I recommend you set up a free dropbox account. It works really nice.
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/29/14 07:22 PM
Will do!! Sorry! Thought it was ok!

Please use:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55724297/Help!.SGU
Posted By: DrDan Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/29/14 07:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Todd12
Will do!! Sorry! Thought it was ok!

Please use:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55724297/Help!.SGU

Now doesn't that work nice....
Posted By: DrDan Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/29/14 08:16 PM
This is what I see in your first two bars

After I verified that each of the RTs had [shots, holds and pushes] Look here:

I have these for each Real Track
RealTracks in style: ~1618:Tuba, DixielandFast Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~1615:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm DixielandFast Sw 165
RealTracks in style: ~1614:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm DixielandFast Sw 165 RealTracks in style: ~1613:Banjo, Tenor, Rhythm DixielandFastA-B Sw 165 RealDrums in style: Dixieland^2-a:Brush LH Drag, b:Brush Ride

And this is what I hear.

or actually could be this

So to my ears I believe I am hearing exactly what it is supposed to sound like. Only the drummer treated it a little unusual with a extra hit on the push, but I suppose that is what a drummer would do. Is this what you are getting? A definite: da da da da \ da da dada
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/30/14 03:17 AM
Exactly what I want to hear, but when I play it in my BIB, it is all quarter notes. Zero eighth notes are heard.

I can see the notation but it just doesnt play anything but quarter notes.

It makes me think I should reinstall or something?
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/30/14 03:19 AM
Thanks for the help! I do love the program!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/30/14 10:18 AM

The notation is not effected by pushes. Since it is a RT the notation is the original transcription. You will not see a change in the notation. The notation I showed above was written by me in other software just to illustrate what I was hearing.

But you say you do not hear the eighth notes. So that's a problem. Did you look to see if you have the shots,holds,push audio files.

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 11/30/14 11:10 AM
I think jazzmandan is onto something. The shots and holds is a different file in updates. Check the RealTrack updates and make sure you have all you should, and have run the download.
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 12/01/14 02:57 PM
I will check this out!

I have a feeling this is the issue!

Thank you again,
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 12/02/14 04:00 PM
Jeez guys, it looks like perhaps I never installed the pushes, sorry for the rookie mistake.

I found these files:

realtracks_shots_holds

And I'm imagining the pushes are in these files as well?

Thanks!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 12/02/14 07:27 PM
Hey Todd12

You may also want to update BiaB. You reported your build version as 384 and the current build version is 386.

** HERE ** is the update link.

Also, you may want to apply the April 14 RealTracks patch. The patch can be found ** HERE **
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 12/03/14 12:20 PM
Thank you Jim! Very appreciated!!!!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 12/03/14 12:33 PM
If that doesn't fix it once you have all the updates, then do the old standby when things don't work correctly: Opt., Return to Factory Settings.
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 12/05/14 05:24 PM
Thanks fellas,

I've done all of it, but the thing will still only change on the 1, 2, 3, or 4...

It is ^C for an 1/8th push on a C chord correct?

Really wish I could get it to work, I'm fresh out of ideas and still think I am missing something. I've done all the video tutorials, factory resets, re-intalls, shots and holds etc...

I don't see an installation file specifically for pushes though... who knows...
Posted By: Todd12 Re: Push seems to affect the drums only - 12/10/14 02:30 PM
Hey buddy! I did check and I have the shots and holds for sure, but I don't know how to check for the pushes?

Thanks!
© PG Music Forums