PG Music Home
Posted By: Ron Becker print tab and notation chart - 12/19/14 05:32 AM
Hello folks, My bass player doesn't read music. Is there a way for me to print the tab for the bass part as it's seen in the notation window? It would be fine if both tab and notation were togethe. If not, what about in biab's sister app? Can't think of the name of it I never use it. I comes bundled w/biab. Thanks.

Ron
Posted By: Noel96 Re: print tab and notation chart - 12/19/14 10:09 PM
Hi Ron,

It's good to see you again.

This can be done. If you go into notation view and then in the middle column of options activate "Tab".

You will need to click on the far left "B" to see the bass's notation.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: Ron Becker Re: print tab and notation chart - 12/21/14 01:44 AM
Thanks Noel that's great I wasn't holding out too much hope for a way to do that. Thanks for helping. Was that you I was swapping tracks with a few years back. I don't get on this forum too much unless I'm having an issue with something. I'm getting low on power here. We are still off grid. I think I have something wrong with one of our batteries. I'll try to get back here tomorrow nite. I'll be gone during the day. I sure appreciate the help.

Ron
Posted By: Ron Becker Re: print tab and notation chart - 12/22/14 02:19 AM
I tried last nite to do this following your text and pictures very nicely done by the way. I wasn't successful that time. Could have been a printer problem I'll try again tomorrow. Seems pretty straight forward. Thanks again
Posted By: Noel96 Re: print tab and notation chart - 12/23/14 01:14 AM
Hi Ron,

I can't remember what the problem was that I helped with. It was a couple of years ago and there has been many users helped since then!

Regarding my above instructions. I set the bass tab to display in "Notation Mode".

I then went to the "Lead Sheet", clicked on the "B" for the Bass track. The following shows what the Lead Sheet contained (tab and bass clef).

If it shows up correctly in Lead Sheet mode, it should print.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums