PG Music Home
The readme for the everything pack describes 4 installation options: "Run Band-in-a-Box directly from the USB drive only", "Install Band-in-a-Box on your computer hard drive, leave RealTracks on the USB drive", "Install Band-in-a-Box AND RealTracks on your computer hard drive", and "Custom Installation". But when I run the setup program I only get 3 options, "Full", "Compact", and "Custom", which look as if they correspond to options 3, 1, and 4 respectively from the readme. How do I get to option 2 -- "Install Band-in-a-Box on your computer hard drive, leave RealTracks on the USB drive" -- the one I want?
Full means it will install the complete program with all the real tracks on the C drive. You'll need lots of free space.

Compact means it will install only the program files on the C drive and will leave the real tracks on the factory HD..... you will need the USB connection to the hard drive it comes on connected to use it.

Custom means you decide the location of the files. You can install the main program on the C drive, where it really should be installed, and then install the real tracks into a secondary storage drive on the machine.

I have a custom install on my DAW with the program on C and the tracks on E.... and on my lappy, it's the compact install.

Sounds like you also want the compact install. Select it and follow the instructions..... the compact is also the shortest install. The full and custom installs can take 30 to 60 minutes depending on factors.... the compact should be done in just a few minutes....
On the root level of the hard drive (where the readme file is) there is also a small Setup.exe file. That is the main hard drive Setup file, and that is what the readme is talking about. Do you see that file there? If not, it's possible that an anti-virus program on your computer quarantined it due to a false positive, that's happened in the past. If that's the case please do let us know so we can get it resolved.

That said, you CAN just run the bandinabox_realband setup file like you are doing. That is essentially equivalent to the "custom" install that the readme talks about. The main setup just points to this file.
© PG Music Forums