PG Music Home
Posted By: Andy123 Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/21/14 11:25 AM
By way of introduction: a big +1 to Cerio's call over in the Wishlist for a clean re-write, in preference to new toys, during 2015.

I'd like to mention three new bugs in 15 that weren't there in 14.

First: 'remember window size and position' used to work periodically. In 15, it never works: 2015 allows launches maximised.

Second: When replacing one loop with another, I often now get a 'division by zero' error. I can get around it by removing the loop completely, and loading a new loop, but changing loops is now considerably more awkward than before.

Third, saving the file no longer saves VSTis properly. Every time I re-open a file, the VSTi I've saved has reverted to Sample-Tank! This never happened in 14.

I wonder if these are bugs which could be easily fixed, pending the Cerio-revise many of us dream of ?

Happy Xmas & NY15 to all. Especially to all at PG. Best - Andy
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/21/14 01:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Andy123

Third, saving the file no longer saves VSTis properly. Every time I re-open a file, the VSTi I've saved has reverted to Sample-Tank! This never happened in 14.

I can copy that.

I open BIAB with administrator rights.

Opening a song with a Midi SuperTrack, change SampleTank 2.x to SampleTank 3, save as a new song. Open the new song and there is SampleTank 2.x in the Plugins again.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/21/14 01:25 PM
But: If I open a song without a preset in the midi part of a style, then the changed Plugin remains as what I have saved.
Posted By: Cerio Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/21/14 02:52 PM
By way of introduction: a big +1 to Cerio's call over in the Wishlist for a clean re-write, in preference to new toys, during 2015.

Thanks, maybe leaving your +1 and your bug reportsin this thread is a good idea.

Maybe If PgMusic realize that stability issues and bugs are a serious problem for a lot of customers, they will change their development strategy.
Posted By: Wyndham Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/22/14 03:20 PM
I've experienced the same bug in the loop change as mentioned above.
Wyndham
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/22/14 04:11 PM
>> When replacing one loop with another, I often now get a 'division by zero' error.

This one will be fixed in next patch (415, released in the future). It affects some acid loops that have the time signature in them set to 0/0 instead of something normal like 4/4.
Posted By: Andy123 Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/22/14 04:30 PM
Many Thanks Peter. That's great!

Could you fix the "Remember window size & position" and Save-VSTi bugs as well?

Thanks again - Best - Andy
Posted By: Wyndham Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/22/14 06:00 PM
Ditto
Wyndham
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/22/14 08:41 PM
GHInCH said: I can copy that. I open BIAB with administrator rights. Opening a song with a Midi SuperTrack, change SampleTank 2.x to SampleTank 3, save as a new song. Open the new song and there is SampleTank 2.x in the Plugins again.

But: If I open a song without a preset in the midi part of a style, then the changed Plugin remains as what I have saved.
=============================================================================================

That sounds normal, depending on the style. Some styles save the name of the MIDI SuperTracks, and also save the custom synth to use (SampleTank 2.x). This is either saved with the song (which you can override), or the style itself (which you cannot override). If you wanted to override the style, you would enter the StyleMaker and remove the reference to the plugin.

So you're likely using a Style that using a MIDI SuperTracks and also is hard coded to use SampleTank 2.x for that track.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/22/14 08:43 PM
Andy said: Could you fix the "Remember window size & position" and Save-VSTi bugs as well?

Yes, "Remember window size & position" is fixed for upcoming build 415.
Save-VSTi bug isn't a bug as some styles have Hi-Q instruments, which are hard coded VSTi to SampleTank 2 (see my post above)
Posted By: DonMusic Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/22/14 11:20 PM
Another bug

Some prefs do not save.
The most serious one for me is the Output Chords check box in:
Prefs\Output Ch\Output Chords?

Checking this box stayed saved in 2013. It failed since 2014 and still fails to save in 2015. It's important to me when I do live gigs with the TC Helicon. If this box is not checked, incorrect data is sent out to the TC Helicon and I get incorrect harmony. Very bad . . .

I have seen other reports of non-saving prefs, but don't remember what they were. Perhaps someone else could chime in here.

Peter - Can you fix this please?

Don
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/23/14 03:07 AM

This is intentional and was requested by many users who had accidentally set it, and wondered why chords were being output. I have no objection to restoring the saving of it, just pointing out that it was users in this forum who requested that this not be saved a yellow msg will appear on boot up to let the user know that it is set.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/23/14 05:43 AM
Thank you.

(I already thought I had to keep SampleTank 2.5 on my machine just for these styles. Now I know that I can discard it, if I want to.)
Posted By: Andy123 Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/23/14 07:18 AM
That's great Peter. Many thanks for your care & diligence as ever. Best - Andy
Posted By: DrDan Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/23/14 10:07 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

This is intentional and was requested by many users who had accidentally set it, and wondered why chords were being output. I have no objection to restoring the saving of it, just pointing out that it was users in this forum who requested that this not be saved a yellow msg will appear on boot up to let the user know that it is set.

Boy this is a surprise to me. I never saw this is the wishlist or here in the forum. As a TCHelicon users I also used this feature quite a bit back in the day. Options which are set in preferences should stay as they are set - isn't that what a preference is? If folks don't want to use it then it should not "default" to on.

Well I am please to report that the configuration for my TCHelicon songs all appear to have "remembered" the settings...

Posted By: MountainSide Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/24/14 10:11 AM
I agree, I use this all of the time. Options are options and should stay the way the user sets them. Having them revert to a preset is a preset...not an option for me.
Posted By: TheSpanish Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 12/26/14 09:10 AM

First: 'remember window size and position' used to work periodically. In 15, it never works: 2015 allows launches maximised.

I've a similar problem with the notation window: the option of don't change the notation size doesn't work so for each loaded song the size goes back to 100%. It happened just sometimes in 2014, now happens forever.
Thanks
Posted By: Masi Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 01/06/15 06:34 PM

Third, saving the file no longer saves VSTis properly. Every time I re-open a file, the VSTi I've saved has reverted to Sample-Tank!

Didn't notice that one, but I'm buggered by the fact that none of my VST plugins are saved for a track. They simply disappear. Very annoying if you have spent some time configuring the plugin.
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Three new bugs in 2015 - 01/06/15 07:36 PM

changing loops is now considerably more awkward than before.

+1 And I would add playing a loop is now a two step mouse process - why? Its completely awkward and unnecessary.
Ideally I would like to be able to set BIAB to play a loop each time I press a space bar, or even better have it so I can do this with a foot pedal.

There is so much like this that acts in counter intuitive and esoteric ways. Bits and pieces of this and that found here and there on menus or obscure methodology that is too easily missed

total rewrite is necessary

Z
© PG Music Forums