PG Music Home
Dumb question, but I cannot find it in Help - I have (many of these) a file that started life as an MGU file. Open it and convert to all RealTracks (not the melody, i don't care.

But THEN i want to remove the midi data. I could swear there is a simple way to do this, but can't find it.

Anyone? Thanks, I hate to feel stupid...
David,

If the midi is on the Soloist Track, follow the yellow highlighting below.

If the midi is on the Melody Track, the process is identical except click on "Melody" to the left of "Soloist" (on the upper tool bar).

Regards,
Noel
Got it, thanks.

But It looks like you're in RealBand, I'm still on BiaB. I can delete the melody and soloist tracks no problem. What about the midi rhythm section parts, they started life as midi. Are they cool to ignore? Can I completely blank each track in the mixer window before loading my desired RealTracks style?
David,

The above image is taken from a pre-2014 version of BIAB (hence the different look). The 'kill' principle is still the same.

Any midi drums that loaded in will have been put on either Melody or Soloist track and channeled to midi channel 10. By killing the entire midi, you'll also eliminate those drums. Any drums listed (or playing) on the Drum track have been added by BIAB and not the midi file.

Hope this helps,
Noel
I think I have got what I need, though I still have questions about why parts don't disappear after being Erased, set to No Midi Patch, etc. But I will worry about that another time.

Thanks, Noel. As always, very helpful.
© PG Music Forums