PG Music Home
Posted By: The harpster Lost BIAB file - 02/18/15 08:08 PM
I am missing the BB\exe. file.
I don't know what I did wrong.
When I open Biab "2012" a window appears that shows the path for BB,RT and RB.
BB is missing and I don't know the path.???
Anyone???
2012 BIAB Windows
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Lost BIAB file - 02/18/15 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: The harpster
I am missing the BB\exe. file.
I don't know what I did wrong.
When I open Biab "2012" a window appears that shows the path for BB,RT and RB.
BB is missing and I don't know the path.???
Anyone???
2012 BIAB Windows

I'm not sure I understand the statement. There is no BB\exe file. When you state that you open Biab, does that mean you run the BiaB program, or you look in a Windows folder?

Presuming X: is your installed drive, the actual file that is launched when the program is run is is X:\bb\bbw.exe

In your X:\bb\ folder there should be the 3 files shown below:

Check the recycle bin?

Attached picture 2015-02-19_10-25-30.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Lost BIAB file - 02/18/15 09:57 PM
I think VideoTrack has it right. I'll just point out that I'm not sure if there were the same names for those three files back in 2012. Certainly there was /BB/BBW.EXE and that is the main file you must have to be able to run BIAB.

If this info isn't helpful to you, I suggest you call PG Music Support or write or chat with them; they can even take control of your computer remotely (with your help and permission) and get you going.
Posted By: The harpster Re: Lost BIAB file - 02/18/15 11:28 PM
Thanks guys...! I managed to access E:bb\bbw.exe. however, now I get an error message as follows.
Access violation at address 00404ffc in modual "bbw,exe" Read of address FFFFFFFC at: 00404ffc.
And will not clear off.???
Thanks, Walt
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Lost BIAB file - 02/18/15 11:46 PM
Such a message often refers to one of two problems: device hung up, or a rights issue.

If it's rights, try right-clicking on the BBW.EXE file and Run as Administrator.

If it's related to some device, make sure your device drivers are up-to-date and the device isn't being used by some other music program. If that's OK, try power-cycling the device.

Again, this is a perfect type of problem for PG Music Support. They are really quite excellent folks at this stuff. We fellow users are just guessing.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Lost BIAB file - 02/19/15 03:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I think VideoTrack has it right. I'll just point out that I'm not sure if there were the same names for those three files back in 2012. Certainly there was /BB/BBW.EXE and that is the main file you must have to be able to run BIAB.

If this info isn't helpful to you, I suggest you call PG Music Support or write or chat with them; they can even take control of your computer remotely (with your help and permission) and get you going.

Good point on the additional files Matt, thanks. Yes, I wouldn't be able to conclusively state that they were all there in that version.
© PG Music Forums