PG Music Home
Posted By: Fisherman Making Greek Rythms with Band in A Box - 03/03/15 02:21 PM
Hello guys!

I have band in a box 2014 and i want your help cause i am really confused!
I am interesting on making backing tracks for greek songs and i have noticed that the program doesn't have these styles available so i would like to know how can i create my own styles and rythms.Do you have any links or advice that could help me?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Making Greek Rythms with Band in A Box - 03/03/15 04:37 PM
Hi Fisherman,

One approach would be to find midi files of songs that have the kinds of backing that you need. You could then use those files as the basis for creating a BIAB midi style.

There's a video in the "Advanced" section at the following link that explains how to use Style Wizard.

Regards,
Noel
Hi Fisherman
Firstly, welcome to the Forum

Like Noel mentioned, there are a couple of MIDI styles that might be a place to start.

Also, there are several Real Tracks styles that use Bouzouki, but these tend to not be so closely 'Greek Styles'

Best
Trevor

Attached picture 2015-03-04_13-54-01.jpg
As a thought, you could also Post a request in the User Tracks Wishlist forum.
Posted By: Dan45 Re: Making Greek Rythms with Band in A Box - 03/04/15 09:44 AM
If you have midi style set 2, there is a demo track in the folder called "White Islands" that uses Bouzouk1.sty but the interesting thing is that all the tempo changes are in the song too. I'm not all that familiar with the style but I know it sounds similar to "Zorba the Greek"
Posted By: Fisherman Re: Making Greek Rythms with Band in A Box - 03/04/15 10:27 AM
Thank you guys for your replies !!! I will try some things and i will post back!
Posted By: Fisherman Re: Making Greek Rythms with Band in A Box - 03/05/15 05:28 AM
I am trying to make a new style by importing a midi but i have some problems.When i am trying to import a midi song 9/8 e.x automatically transforms to 4/4.What should i do in that case?

Also,how can i edit the new style?
Hi Fisherman. You are fishing in deep waters right from the start. Hooray!

You need to adapt a waltz style (3/4) to get your 9/8, but with a triplet feel

Greek Zeibekiko style, if I recall from my original music theory, is a mix of 1/16 and 1/8 beats that make up a 9/8 tempo, but with a triplet feel.

It can be done. I hope the results are satisfactory for you.
Posted By: Fisherman Re: Making Greek Rythms with Band in A Box - 03/05/15 12:31 PM
Yes,you are right about the Greek Zeimpekiko style.When and how should i adapt the waltz style and how?

And after that,how can i edit the new style?

Thanks for your time ;-)
Have a look at this post for starters

This page has tutorial videos on making your own style, including one in the intermediate section titled: "Making Your Own RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box" and several more in the Advanced Section.

This would be a good starting point.
Posted By: Fisherman Re: Making Greek Rythms with Band in A Box - 03/05/15 01:14 PM
Ok,thank you very much!
© PG Music Forums